msg to Holly

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CMeeks

msg to Holly

Postby CMeeks » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:24 pm

Hey Holly,

Remember me? I've been away for a while -- doing the chemo.

I bought some tulips yesterday at the grocery store and thought of you. I thought: "I'll be done with chemo in about a month, and Holly's tulips will be coming up at about the same time."

Anyway just wanted to say hi and hope you're well.

Chet
Chet

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:57 pm

Hey Chet,

Of Course I remember you silly! I am so glad to hear that you are well!

Tulips will be a blooming soon and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Big Giant Hugs!

Holly :lol:

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:04 pm

Chet,

Please send me a line, I'd love to hear how you are doing! Remember that ALL things are possible!

You Rock!

Holly

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:18 pm

Chet,

Keep smiling!

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:36 pm

Chet,

I have tulips! How are your coming along! Chemo is almost over and I am hopeful that you are feleing stronger than ever! Way to kick alittle cancer A@#!

Holly

CMeeks

Postby CMeeks » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:01 am

Hi Holly,

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier. Somehow my msg to you ended up way at the bottom of the page and I only saw it today.

I'm doing really well. I feel so lucky. I've tolerated the chemotherapy very well and haven't been that sick. I mean, it's hard.....I get really tired and wish like hell that I could just throw up (which I never do), but usually after about two days after treatment, I bounce back to normal. My blood counts are good....white count bounces back (for the most part). I have had some weird skin issues (boils and acne, which I never had before), but other than that I have been extremely lucky. I'm just glad that nothing (knock wood) has interrupted my chemo schedule.

So, anyway, I have two treatments left. One tomorrow and then one the first week in april. It feels very weird to be almost done.....sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I'm scared to death. But overall, I feel optimistic and good.

How are you doing? I didn't plant any tulips, but I do buy them every week at the market.....I like to put them in my apartment. Gives me something nice to look at when I'm flat on my back during a treatment.

Anyway I hope you're well and thank you for all of your support and kind thoughts.

Best Wishes, Chet
Chet

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:19 pm

Chet,

Sounds like you are ready to graduate from your chemo program. You so Rock!

Scared, totally can appreciate! I had a petscan last week! I think this feeling will be with me for the remainder of my life! Sounds like you have a handle on such.

Glad to hear that you are well. I think about you often and have you in my thoughts and prayers! Do not forget...ALL things are truly possible.

About the tulips! Keep them coming, two rounds to go! Mine are blooming and I have your name written all over a bunch! Not sure what color they will be but I am thinking yellow for Friendship! I'll send you a photo of your bunch!

Keep up the good work and keep kicking alittle cancer A#$! Can't wait to get the post graduate party started!

Hugs!

Holly

Wow!

Postby Holly » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:36 pm

Chet,

The tulips are indeed yellow! If I remember correctly, this is the big week! Can't wait to get this party started! I am so proud of your strength you rock!

Hugs!

Holly

Postby guest » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:41 am

Hi Holly and all! Happy Birthday Colon Club-most wonderful people in the world! We will keep the tulips blooming! Thank you! Thelma

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:17 pm

Chet,

How's that post graduate party coming along? You so Rock! Keep smiling and remember that ALL things are truly possible!

Hugs!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”