New clinical trial for stage II

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Wendytropics

New clinical trial for stage II

Postby Wendytropics » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:51 am

I posted 34 surgery and chemo a while back. Well now I do not have to have chemo because I was a a part of a clinical trial that is new for stage II patients. Even though my mass was large and it was emergency surgery and grew through the wall it was only stage II. Therefore there is a new study where they send off the mass to be examined and tellyouwhat your occurance rate is. The test is accurate, it is what you decide to do with the I fo that is the trial. (chemo/no chemo). My reoccuranceratewas 13 percent there fore the doctor agreed to no chemo.

The only hard part for me is now on top of everything Have Lynch Syndrome. This is a gene that only 3% of colon cancer patients have and increasesyourchancefornew colon cancer to occur along with many other lower abdomen cancers. Since I have already hadecolon cancer my chances are even higher. I am so lucky to have this knowledge for my kids and for me because now doctors take me even more seriously and do more tests to teyandfind other cancers early.
34 yr old mom of 2
Diagnosed April 2011
Colon resectioning
Stage 2 tennis ball size mass
Lynch syndrome June 2011

Reoccurance July in liver2011
6 rounds folfox
Liver resection October
6 rounds fofuri (done in march2012)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”