Appointment!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
julie

Appointment!

Postby julie » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:27 am

I have finally received my appointment for a colonoscopy! I had a sigscope in November & they removed 2 polyps, I still have the same symptoms, but am dreading the scope as I didnt do too well with the sig! My appointment is on the 28th Feb & hope they give me a lot of sedative!

Traybug

Postby Traybug » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:26 pm

Julie,

FYI, I had both a sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy and I hope my experience can ease some of your anxiety. In my opinion, the colonoscopy is a PIECE OF CAKE compared to the sigmoidoscopy. The sigmoidoscopy seemed like an act of brutality in comparison...haha. Only because they don't give you anything to "relax". Don't stress about it. You will waste so much time worrying about the damn test and after you'll sit there thinking "that was it".

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Best wishes,

Tracey

Maggie

Postby Maggie » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:33 pm

Julie,
I'd have to agree with Tracey!! Sigmoidoscopies are terrible compared to the colonoscopy. The two main differences (at least in my experience) is the prep and the medicine you get (or don't). The prep for a sigmoid (for me) was three fleet enemas and for a colonoscopy it was golytle (a gallon of some really yummy stuff). I don't really know which is worse, but they both stink. Secondly, like Tracey said, with a sigmoid, they don't give you anything to relax. A colonoscopy, you won't even know what happened!!! It's much better, not anywhere near as painful and not as bad as you think it may be. Just be glad you're getting the full colonoscopy....it's a much better determiner of whether there is a problem or not. Good luck!!!
Maggie

julie

Postby julie » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:34 am

Thankyou for your words of encouragement, I will try to relax and not get so nervous about it :oops:

Terry Miller

c-Scope

Postby Terry Miller » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:06 am

Hi Julie,
I had both scopes in a three day period. The colonoscopy is light years different from the sig-scope. The only disconcerting aspect of the colonscopy is the prep. I moved a portable DVD player into the bathroom so I could be entertained while bowel emptied. I've had Go-Litely and Phospho-Soda. I prefer the latter. Go luck with your test and remember the drugs they give you will be great. You'll be very relaxed... kind of a warm and fuzzy feeling. Any pressure you may feel is simply air that they use to inflate the bowel....let it out!
Take care and best wishes,
Terry

julie

Postby julie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 am

Thankyou for you advice Terry, I will let it out then :oops: lol

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:42 pm

Julie,

I am so happy to hear that you are getting a scope and being proactive in the management of your health!

I hope that procedure is unremarkable and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”