Help elevated liver enzymes

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Help

Help elevated liver enzymes

Postby Help » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:42 pm

Anyone with Stage IV have a similar situation with elevated liver enzymes? My Onocologist sent me a message not to worry about it, since it will be rectified with my next chemo treatment this coming week. She had brought it to my attention since I will be receiving my blood work results prior to my next treatment.

Trying not to panic; I sent her a message back to check if she could be more specific as to why this is now happening

Rochelle

Brad

Liver Enzymes

Postby Brad » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Rochelle,
I just finished chemo in December for stage IV CC. My Dr's first thought was that maybe I had mets on my liver. CT scans showed everything to be clear. Now that I've been off treatment for a couple of months all my numbers are back in the normal range. The explanation that my Dr gave me was that the chemo drugs are hard on your liver.

stay strong

Brad

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:49 pm

Thanks Brad;) I have a problem with receiving unclear medical information over the phone from nurses or doctors since that was how I was told of my diagnosis. The explanation you provided from your experience makes complete sense.

Thank you
Rochelle

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Rochelle,

Welcome to the Colon Club! I am sorry to hear that you are having communication issues with your medical team. My advise would be to be persistent, ask questions and demand answers. This is your life and you must be proactive in the management of your health. One thought, you may reference this website www.figgtree.com. There is an area where you can ask a doctor/nurse a question and they will provide you a response. I hope this helps! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Holly Rochelle

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:32 pm

Hi there Stage IV Colon cancer with Liver mets survivor- I have had this happen 3 times during my course of Chemo treatments and all the nurses and Doctors reassure me it is fine and happens. I am always concerned because I have a new Liver and I am afraid to have it get damaged! But they usually become normal again within a week or two. It is the Chemo having its usually effect like it does to your counts or your potassium levels. I would not worry to much about it, but Holly is right be proactive in your healtcare...... Be well. Eileen

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”