scared silly

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Terry Miller

Postby Terry Miller » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:14 pm

Hi Joy,
Welcome to the roller coaster ride of cancer survivorship. Good news one day....not so good news the next. It's okay to feel sorry for one's self... I'm sure we all have at one time or another. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things for yourself. The important thing is that you are on the road to recovery. There are bumps and there are detours all the way. Like fly from Florida to Canada in the middle of the winter. What a detour! You have plenty of support around you at all times. Keep positive and for heaven's sake.....keep a sense of humor. I cannot tell you how important that is. You should have heard some of the things I said when I was coming out of surgery. The medical staff said I was hilarious. Of course I blamed it on the morphine, but it really was me. I remember everything I said. Take care and best wishes for a healthy and rapid recovery.
Sincerely,
Terry

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:32 am

Terry:

I realized my sense of humour was back when the radiologist was explaining the side effects and said "wear loose underwear" and I said "darned it you mean I will have to give up my subscription to Victoria's secret catalogue and can't wear my thongs". Thought my daughter was going to fall off her seat laughing.

I've come to the conclusion I can do this the good or the bad way

Bad:
1) feel sorry for myself boo hoo

Good:

2) Laugh at something "everyday"!!!

3) Involve my family. I can't let myself become a "hermit" and hide away from my kids and grandkids. --- who can feel down when a 2 year old runs into the room and throws his arms around you and says "luv you whole world"!!!

Thanks to everyone at the Colon Club -

hugs to everyone!

Joy

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:57 am

Hi everyone:

got the call! Chemo starts Tuesday morning at 9.a.m.

I'm ready to kick butt!

I almost feel a sense of relief - finally I'm doing something pro-active.

Joy

Terry Miller

Thongs & Speedo's

Postby Terry Miller » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:10 am

Hi Joy,
It's very ironic. My own line was after my surgery was that I couldn't wear a speed-o anymore. Of course I wouldn't wear one before either, but the option is now gone! Come to think of it, the French-Canadian men in South Florida, no matter what size, actually think they look good in a speed-o. Maybe I still have hope.

Good luck next Tuesday.....give it hell!
Terry

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:03 am

Terry: I've now had my laugh for to-day.

French Canadian Man in a Speedo!

You forgot to mention that they wear tons of gold chains around their neck. macho, macho, man !!!

Hubby told one guy that if he went swimming the gold chains would act as bait for Sharks and barracudas --- we sat back and watched him run out of the water and quickly take off the chains :wink:

My little granddaughter looked at my op scar and said it looks like a "Happy Face smiley" --- I added eyes and now when I giggle the old gut I can make the "happy face talks" :D

Life is a beach.... enjoy!

Steve

Do not be afraid

Postby Steve » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:07 am

Joy, do not be afraid read my wife’s stories I have posted hear and on the rolling to recovery web site as well as some of the other successes on this site. Cancer is just a word. Nancy and I call it the contamination and we are going to get rid of it like a bad cold. There are new treatments coming everyday. Just look at this web site now there is a trovax vaccine they are developing. Reach out to others dealing with this and those who are survivors, get inspiration from them. Finally live each day as a blessing because they are. God never promised us a tomorrow only today. Take charge of your care, the doctors do not know everything and everyone is different your attitude is everything and very important to you getting well. God Bless and take care 8)
Stay Positive!!!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”