Not such fun stuff!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!

Not such fun stuff!

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:51 am

I know this is gross, but we are all used to dealing with bowel movements and such...it's become a part of lives to look after going. Every now and again I have "pencil poop" (really skinny bowel movements). I get worried every time I see it, though that wasn't a symptom I showed when I was diagnosed five years ago (with no reoccurences). Does anyone else experience this too? Any idea why it happens? I just had a colonoscopy in October and everything was fine, so my realistic side tells me not to worry. But, as we all know, it's hard to always believe that part of you! I keep thinking, it's happened before, it can happen again. I guess I just need some soothing of the nerves!
Maggie

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:24 pm

Maggie,

I, too, have experienced narrow stools. I would recommend that you talk to your physician about this. Hope this helps!

Holly

lisa

Postby lisa » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:41 am

It's not gross at all and you should be able to talk to us about it. :) I know my husband and I have had more "poop" conversations in the last few months than we ever did in all the preceding years combined. This is our life now. We worry and we fret and we fear and it's ok. It's ok for you to worry and fret and fear. got it? Good.

Now, my advice to you is to at the very least call your doctor. I have found that I can't conquer my fears until I make that call and I have also found that they never mind hearing form me. If this concerns you even though you were clear in Oct (when I was dx btw) then by golly call.

Maybe a good question to ask you, one the doc probably will so have your answer reasy, is - Were you having this problem in October? Is this new? Sorry that I can't help with causes. I have this issue too, have my whole life so it wasn't an indicator for me.

Lisa
lisaschaos@yahoo.com

Billy

Postby Billy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:50 pm

I would like to stand out and be the one to say, this is disgusting. Must we really discuss such intimate and disturbing things here?

Hahahahahahahahahahahah, yeah, I’m kidding. Just poking my head around and checking up on people.

I agree, it’s always best to check with the docs.

Billy
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

http://billyscolon.blogspot.com

julie

Postby julie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:05 am

I too have `pencil like poop` which I worry about all the time, I had a sigscope in Nov & am scheduled for a colonoscopy on the 28th Feb, its so hard not to worry but you should really talk to your doc about it!

tamfigg

Postby tamfigg » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:49 am

I too have that often. I have asked the doctor and his response was that due to me having my cancer in the rectum and having that removed that the elasticity of that area is not as it was, so I will have that for the future.

I worry all the time, and when I do, I just ask for his reassurance, so everyone is giving great advice to ask the dr.

Tammy Figg
www.figgtree.com

Ron50

Postby Ron50 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:27 pm

Hi maggie,
I can't comment for everyone but I for one am a constant sufferer of irritable bowel syndrome . If my bowel habits were a weather pattern I'd have the four esaons in a day. The only time I begin to worry is if a pattern of the same habits sets in for a prolonged period. I have had 7 colonoscopies in the last eight years and but for a couple of small polyps ,they have been clear. The one thing that I have decided is that I won't die wondering ,so ask your doc if you are worried , Good luck Ron.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”