Avastin, Irinotecan and Dementia?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
PGLGreg

Re: Avastin, Irinotecan and Dementia?

Postby PGLGreg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:00 pm

This has nothing to do with cancer chemotherapy agents, but I can tell you that morphine can cause temporary dementia. It did that with my mother, and her doctors didn't seem very alert to the problem. I had to point it out to them. After the third episode, her hospital dossier finally had added to it the notation that she was "allergic" to morphine.
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

wishfulthinking

Re: Avastin, Irinotecan and Dementia?

Postby wishfulthinking » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 am

Hi Everyone. Sorry I haven't written in a few days. My dad is still in the hospital and even with the IV since Thursday he is still a bit confused. Definitely not as much as last week, but not completely gone. All the MRI and scans of his brain came back clear of metastis and sign of stroke, thank God. He doesnt want to eat which is becoming an issue,so yesterday they gave him two medicines to stimulate his appetite. When he did start to eat it was hurting his throat so much to swallow so they gave him an exam and found he had thrush! Sooo, now hes on medication for the thrush also. Supposedly theyre sending him home today. I cant imagine, but thats what they say! Ill keep everyone posted. :?:

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”