Long term bad side effects of neulasta?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
gooddeeddonor

Re: Long term bad side effects of neulasta?

Postby gooddeeddonor » Tue May 23, 2017 5:04 am

I took Neupogen five years ago so I could donate stem cells to my brother. I was told it might be painful because I have a history of migraines. The head pain during the treatment was excruciating, as if my head was on fire. To this day, five years later, I still have these same excruciating headaches. So severe that the pain causes me to black out. Completely debilitating for about 3 days, the headaches come every four to six weeks. I would take back the old migraines any day. The original doctor doctor told me it had nothing to do with the Neupogen, that I was attention seeking and not to ever call again. Another doctor says it must have precipitated brain shingles. I am glad to find others who have experienced long term problems after Neupogen/Neulasta as I have suffered long on my own. Thank you for this forum.

starlightsmurf
Facebook Username: Wendy murphy

Postby starlightsmurf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 am

pamdann1 wrote:
I am nearly 6 years post-chemo and have been really struggling with bone and joint pain. It suddenly occurred to me that this may be residual from the neulasta
injections. shortly following my first injection, I woke in the middle of the night with indescribable pain. It struck my sternum, my cranium, and my lower back. Initially, I thought I was having a heart attack; then, the pain in my back was so intense that it seemed to be "rattling" my skeleton, causing my upper body to jerk. I was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

I have found very little info. on the long-term effects of neulasta, but my pain situation seems to be progressive and is really beinning to impact my life. Can anyone enlighten me?

I had neulasta 11 years ago and still have bone pain in my hips and legs. I cannot sleep at night but magnesium does help a little.

szana1951r
Facebook Username: Suzanna Hibbard

Postby szana1951r » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Since 2007 an my bout with stage 4, chemo, then along came the neulasta, bone pain I never dreamed I could ever have, with in couple hours of the first injection, long story shortened. As of current date so 11 yrs after I still have bone pain arms, legs, my ribs not so much thank god, bone pain is horrible, but it’s like the switch that was never turned of, bone pain night n day, my doctor says she has heard of that from other patients, so that made me feel a little better that I wasn’t ignored, I also never got the feeling back in hands an feet, neuropathy they diagnosed, I know that was from the chemo. My doc said some have no problems an others just aren’t so lucky, but the cancer so far hasn’t come back, so that’s a good thing, I wanted to let you know you weren’t alone, as now you made me feel not so alone.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”