Still scared 3 years out!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
KConway

Still scared 3 years out!

Postby KConway » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:01 pm

:D Hi! My name is Kathy. I had Stage II Colon Cancer. I was treated with 4 rounds of 5FU and Leucovoran. So far so good! I developed severe anemia during treatment, but that has finally resoved itself. It seems that the word "cancer " never gets far from your thoughts. I find myself wondering if every little ache and pain may be something new. I don't feel the need for cancer groups, but I was just wondering if others feel the same....that you never quite get that voice out of your head!

ljane

Postby ljane » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:43 pm

Hi Kathy,
I am also a three year survivor. I had stage 111C colon cancer, I had a resection and the same chemo, 5FU and Leucovoran for nine months. I got real sick on the chemo but it was worth it. I don't think a day goes by without the thought of cancer popping in my head. Your not alone in still feeling scared. Even though all my follow-up test have shown no trace of cancer, I still worry!
Linda

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:05 pm

Kathy,

Welcome to the Colon Club! It is normal to feel scared your world has changed forever!

That is why you have the colon club!

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! I wish you continued wellness and your inspiration!

Hugs!

Holly

tamfigg

Postby tamfigg » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:03 am

Kathy,
I am 3 1/2 years out, from rectal Cancer stage III. I say and have always said, we all live with cancer, whether it's in our body or not at the time. What we have all gone through, as with any disease, shows you what is important. I do fear it will return someday, and think about that for a short time, and then I also think live for the now. Now that you know about Colon Cancer, and it's effects, it's what you do with that information, you could be the person that saves someone else, and that is inspiring.

So when you have days when you have so much fear, think of what you can do with your experience to help another. I know that helps me get through days like that.

Tammy Figg
www.figgtree.com

Ron50

re still scared

Postby Ron50 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:59 pm

G'day Kathy,
Late reply ,have just found this site. I was dx st3 colon 6/13 lymphs involved. You are doing well you are out of the critical 18mos post surgery when most recurrences start. I have been clear for 8yrs and two mos and no I don't worry about it coming back. I have my regular scopes to make sure no new polyps get a chance to turn but apart from that , no problems ,my cea sits around 0.7 and they even let me give blood again(voluntary donation in australia). I work and play and live life as normal. Stay focussed and stay well ,cheers Ron.

lisa61

Re: Still scared 3 years out!

Postby lisa61 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:30 pm

KConway wrote::D Hi! My name is Kathy. I had Stage II Colon Cancer. I was treated with 4 rounds of 5FU and Leucovoran. So far so good! I developed severe anemia during treatment, but that has finally resoved itself. It seems that the word "cancer " never gets far from your thoughts. I find myself wondering if every little ache and pain may be something new. I don't feel the need for cancer groups, but I was just wondering if others feel the same....that you never quite get that voice out of your head!

Kathy,

I am also a survivor... 2003 Stage II colon cancer, 6 mths of chemo. yes I agree with worrying alot. email me sometime at rlc977@comcast.net... maybe we can encourage each other!!

Lisa

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”