pain at the surgical site one year later

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
helen098

pain at the surgical site one year later

Postby helen098 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:46 am

I don't know it this is normal but I still have pain well not exactlly pain but more like a heavyness when I get up after laying down or have had a large meal it goes away quickly once I lay back down or stand up.
I had my surgery on 6/6/6 so Its over 1 year. The last time I was the surgen in June 07 after my port removal he felt it again and said it was fine. But it seems to me if all my scans are ok why do I still have this weird feeling it can't take that long for the muscles to heal can it?
Anyone else have anything similar to this after a long time?
Also how long do you have to keep seeing the surgeon? I have another appointment in Oct and it seems like I should be finished with him.
When he first did the surgery he joked we were not togher for life
I thought he was joking but maybe not.
Any thoughts on how long you have to keep seeing the surgeon?

Terry Miller

site pain

Postby Terry Miller » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Helen,
My site pain turned out to be a double hernia that resulted in a strangled bowel. It's worth having it checked. Hope all is well,

Best wishes,
Terry

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:40 am

When I have been laying back and watching TV with the kids, sometimes I will get up and get a feeling of pressure in my surgical area - like a muscle thing. It isn't really painful, just odd. The surgeon siad it is nothing. But whenever you have a concern, you should definitely talk to your surgeon or onc.

In April I had pain - so bad I was doubled over. That night I was throwing up green stuff so I went to the ER and it turned out that I had a partial bowel obstruction. It was awful.

I would talk to your doctors and tell them what you are feeling. It is probably noti8ng but it is always best to get checked out.
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”