Question about colon cleansing

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
tandy24
Facebook Username: Lisa Tandy

Question about colon cleansing

Postby tandy24 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:46 pm

I am stage 3b cc went through chemo-radiation-surgery more chemo it has been one year since my surgery and 2 clean CAT scans later PRAISE THE LORD! My question is once a year I have a colonoscopy my first one came back great now I have to have flexible sigmoidoscopy every three months the prep for this is 4 dulcolax tabs and 2 enema's. Is that like colon cleansing or should I be doing more to cleanse my colon, I have read and heard you should do a colon cleanse about every 6 months?
God Bless and Believe,

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am

hi,
the prep is enough! don't use those so called colon cleansers you see on t.v. they are a waste of money and dangerous. i asked my gastro doc about them she said if you eat the right amount of fiber and drink water your colon cleanses itself no need for help unless you have constipation or a medical problem. also your lining of your digestive tract has friendly bacteria that your body needs. cleansing will wash away those bacteria then you will have trouble. remember 70% of your immune system is in your digestive tract so don't mess with it. you sound like you are doing great thats good, just do your prep before procedure that is enough cleansing.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”