Oxy-Powder Colon Cleanser - Any thoughts?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jonxblaze

Oxy-Powder Colon Cleanser - Any thoughts?

Postby jonxblaze » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:59 am

I've been using Oxy-Powder for quite some time now and I've had exceptional results, has anyone else used this product? And if so, how was your experience? I'd love to know. Thank you.

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:46 pm

what is oxy powder? why do you use it? i have been told by a couple of doctors not to use any kind of colon cleansing products as they are dangerous and cause your intestines to lose their healthy bacteria and are a waste of money. i am assuming that is what oxy powder is. if you eat the right amount of fiber in your diet and drink alot of water your system will cleanse itself the way it was made to do naturally.

missjv

jonxblaze

Postby jonxblaze » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:45 pm

missjv wrote:what is oxy powder? why do you use it? i have been told by a couple of doctors not to use any kind of colon cleansing products as they are dangerous and cause your intestines to lose their healthy bacteria and are a waste of money. i am assuming that is what oxy powder is. if you eat the right amount of fiber in your diet and drink alot of water your system will cleanse itself the way it was made to do naturally.

missjv

Miss JV,

Oxy-Powder is an intestinal cleanser that liquefies compacted fecal matter in your colon. The majority of the colon cleansers out there are indeed harmful to your digestive system because they contain some questionable ingredients. Oxy-Powder on the other hand is all natural and it uses oxygen to move your waste, this was actually recommended by my gastroentrologist and he said this was the safest colon cleanser in the market.

If you Google Oxy-Powder you should see a boatfull of information regarding this product.

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:59 pm

In general, it's not a problem to discuss complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) on this board, but we really draw the line at promoting or selling anything that can be harmful. Oxy-Powder DEFINITELY falls into that category.

I reviewed the site myself and all I have to say is NO WAY! Just DON'T DO IT. There are so many clues that this is just a load of crap - one big clue I noticed right off the bat is the "How Can I Make Money With Oxy-Powder?" along the left side of the site. Reliable medical sites just don't do this kind of thing.

**Before I say more, I just want to say that it is especially important for those on chemo to NOT do colon cleansing. Chemo can already deplete your colon of healthy bacteria (hello, can anyone say diarrhea??), so you don't need any "extra help"with this!!**

FYI - it is not necessarily "bad ingredients" that make colon cleansers dangerous - it is the effect they have on your body. It is similar to having chronic diarrhea - it's not the diarrhea itself that is bad for you, but the effect it has on your body. When used regularly, colon cleansers and enemas can permanently damage your rectal muscles, making it difficult for you to control your bathroom habits (again, as if that isn't enough of a problem already, right!?). The "all natural" claim makes NO difference whatsoever. LOTS of things are all natural and occur regularly in nature - think about arsenic - but being natural does not make it safe.

There is absolutely no need to "detoxify" your colon by doing anything other than eating a regular and balanced diet. The bacteria we have in our colons are "friendly" and are necessary in order for our bodies to extract nutrients and create waste. These bacteria do things such as ferment carbohydrates, fight off bad bacteria, and make our poop so that our bodies can rid of waste products. We need our bacteria, and if you colon cleanse you are getting rid of these necessary parts of your body.

If you are having a problem "maintaining regularity" or "eliminating waste clogging your colon" (as the site says) you probably need to increase your intake of water and fiber (fruits, vegetables & whole grains) and/or probiotics (think yogurt with live acidophyllis or Attune bars). If that still doesn't work, take a gentle laxative. If that doesn't work, go to a doctor and possibly get a colonoscopy.

**If your doctor recommends colon cleansing of any type, make an official complaint against him or her and go to another doctor.**

jonxblaze, if your doc is an actual board-certified gastroenterologist, which I very seriously doubt, you need to report him or her immediately to the American Gastrointestinal Association (www.gastro.org) and to the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE - www.asge.org). Regular colon cleansing is simply NOT SAFE, period, and NO doc should be suggesting it to you.

If you need to find a qualified GI, please check out ASGE: http://www.asge.org/PatientInfoDefault.aspx?id=364

They also publish a list of "10 ?s to ask your GI":
http://www.asge.org/PatientInfoIndex.aspx?id=370

Thanks,
:)Hannah
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

missjv

Postby missjv » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 am

hi,
well after reading hannahs post i looked at the site for the heck of it and i agree with her, it is a load of crap. like i said in my previous post and as hannah also stated if you eat a good diet with your fruits and veggies and drink water your system will behave like it is supposed to and there is no need for so called colon cleansing. my gastro doc says those products are very dangerous and a big waste of money. a few years back the big deal was coffee enemas and alot of people thought they could lose 5 pounds and some lost more then that due to dropping dead. if you have a medical condition that requires certain laxatives or enemans prescribed by a doctor thats one thing but going on the internet and buying something that you don't really know what it is could do alot of harm.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”