Oncology around the world

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
rthornton

Oncology around the world

Postby rthornton » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:33 am

When I was first diagnosed, I was starting a graduate program. I've managed to stay in the program all through treatments and surgeries, etc, and this semester will be my last semester of course work. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do an internship abroad, or some kind of work, and make it part of my education ... or maybe even just find a job in another country. But I don't know if I will have access to the same drugs in other countries that I can get here. Specifically, I'd be interested in SE Europe, like the Balkans, or maybe Turkey. I've looked online for information about cancer treatment in these areas, and even wrote to a couple of hospitals there, but haven't found out anything yet. Does anyone know anything about getting treatment in other countries, especially if you are an American citizen?

CBLACK

Postby CBLACK » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 am

I can't help you, but was just curious about your insurance plan. Would have to pay out-of-network fees if you are abroad? I hope you can make it happen. An internship in Europe would be amazing! Good luck.
My Husband was Dx with Stage III @ 26yrs old
Finished chemo March 2007

CBLACK

Postby CBLACK » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:59 am

I can't help you, but was just curious about your insurance plan. Would have to pay out-of-network fees if you are abroad? I hope you can make it happen. An internship in Europe would be amazing! Good luck.
My Husband was Dx with Stage III @ 26yrs old

Finished chemo March 2007

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”