Panic Attack --- Doctor induced !!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Joy

Panic Attack --- Doctor induced !!

Postby Joy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:11 am

Last Thursday I ended up in the Emergency department. I had a horrible pain in my right side which radiated through to my back. I'm no "wimp" and I can tell you the pain brought me to my knees. Testing showed white blood cells in my urine. They kept me in overnight and gave me IV morphine and an antibiotic and scheduled me for a CT scan. Friday morning the Doc on duty came in and said "goods news - your CT scan shows nothing unusual -- the ENLARGED Lymph node in your Bowel shows the same as your last scan in November!!" I almost flipped -- because I know that there was no mention of ENLARGED node in my CT scan in November (I have a copy of the report). I was so out of it with the pain etc that I just let it go and didn't question him further.

Told him I have an appointment with my Onc on the 29th August and will discuss it with her then.

The good news is that the pain has gone - so it was probably a kidney infection and the antibiotics have kicked in.

The bad news is I'm a nervous wreck worrying about this ENLARGED node. :cry:

Lisa Ann

to Joy

Postby Lisa Ann » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:38 am

That is terrible that you have to be left with questions unanswered. Call you doctor....ask what it is....the nurses will understand your worries. From what I understand if your lymphnod is cancer it will show up on a CT scan with a very dense color and look almost a different tecture.

Please call your doctor and get in sooner than later. You need to sleep and take care of yourself and not worry about this. You can take or have delivered your CT scan anywhere......

Good luck and let us know what is happening...

lisa ann
Lisa Ann
Dx Jan 2007
Stage IIIB
Treatment done in September

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”