More polyps

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jane
Facebook Username: sian leal

More polyps

Postby jane » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:29 pm

Hello all,

Just had results of my follow up colonoscopy. One tiny polyp found - a tubular adenoma - benign. Is this great news? I feel at the moment that" IT" is going to get me one way or another. I am 44, diagnosed nov 2005 T3 N1. Completed all treatments July 06. Tubular adenomas apparently occur commonly in people over 60 and can become cancerous. My last colonoscopy last year was all clear so this grew in a year. Ok I know it was tiny BUT IT GREW IN A YEAR. I feel like I'm never going to be able to have a normal life again.
:x

Jane
Rectal tumour Nov 2005 T3 N1 M0 age 42, Mum of 4.
Chemo/radiotherapy, 5FU via pump
Surgery (straight anastamosis), TME Feb 2006
Finished 5FU, Leucovorin July 2006
NED since!
I want to die of old age!

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:34 pm

Janie,
Hang in there. Continue with your regular checkups and if you EVER have questions, call your doctor and come here often.

I go to see my doctor tomorrow. Primary reason is not cancer-related. But, I will hope to get my one-year, post-op colonoscopy scheduled. Right now, it's just a matter of whether my PCP, one of his colleagues or a G.I. doctor will perform it. To say I have mixed emotions about it, is an understatement. I am confident I'll receive another "all clear," as well as nervous and scared that something bad will be found. I guess it's all part of the "new normal" of being a cancer survivor.

I hope and pray the best for you, as well as myself and everyone else here.
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

jane
Facebook Username: sian leal

More polyps

Postby jane » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:46 pm

Thanks John,

Your posts are always upbeat and encouraging. Thanks!

Jane
Rectal tumour Nov 2005 T3 N1 M0 age 42, Mum of 4.
Chemo/radiotherapy, 5FU via pump
Surgery (straight anastamosis), TME Feb 2006
Finished 5FU, Leucovorin July 2006
NED since!
I want to die of old age!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”