Up-Date Nancy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Steve

Up-Date Nancy

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:27 pm

I just want to give you all some hope out there. If anyone remembers, My wife Nancy was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in Nov. of 2004. She had surgery but the cancer had already spread to her liver and she is not operable. She started Fol Fox 5 in Jan 2005. When they started the Chemo her CAE count was over 328. The Fol Fox 5 got the CAE count down to about 78 before it stopped working. She was able to with-stand the full 12 treatments although it stopped working at about treatment 10 or 11. When her CAE started to rise the doctor changed the Chemo to CPT-11 or comptsar and eubutix (Not sure about the spelling) This regiment has gotten the CAE count to 11.5, it has risen to 13.5 at last check but she skipped a CPT-11 treatment at Christmas. She is doing well considering all she has and is going through. Her attitude is un-believable. She continues to work from home and even takes care of me from time to time. (I broke 2 ribs and cracked 3 over the holidays) My point being that attitude is everything and we get that strength from God. We are thankful for each day and pray each day. We Never talk about anything but betting this and Getting better when we talk about it which is not all the time we do not dwell on the subject. Stay positive, negativity is the enemy. We have reduced the Stress levels at our home as much as possible. Our focus is on her getting better. Nothing happens or changes in our life until that day. I must say that you must be your own advocate, question the Doctors bring in suggestions this is your life and the Doctors do not know everything. They are only human. The advice on this web site I must say has been more than helpful and correct. The caring others that we have met through this site have been a blessing. Please reach out to us and to each other for answers but remember that each person is different thank God and may have different side effects from the different treatments. Nancy is coming up on 1 and ½ years since being diagnosed and Today we are winning the battle. God bless and Take care all!
Steve R Lopez
Stay Positive!!!

Carol Connell

Postby Carol Connell » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:45 am

That is woderful Steve. I am also stage IV with mets to the Liver
and Lungs, resection was done Aug 2004 and I am doing fine
and still having success with chemo. Stories like this gives all
of us with stage IV hope.

Carol

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:06 pm

I love you Nancy and thank you for inspiring me! You rock!

Hugs!

Holly

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:21 pm

Thanks for the e-mail. Prayer moves Mountains. Stay positive. Eileen Stage 4 Survivor

hr

You Rock!

Postby hr » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:02 pm

Nancy,

I love you! Thank you for inspiring me to be a better Holly and to value and appreciate every moment! I believe with all my heart that ALL things are truly possible.

Hugs!

Holly

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:34 am

PTL!!! I couldn't agree more with you on attitude, your faith and TRUST in God, and being PROACTIVE!! Holly is so right...ALL things ARE possible through HIM!! We love ya Nancy!! She DOES ROCK!!!!

Peg

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:48 pm

hi,
how is nancy now? i see original post was jan 2006 just wondering if any new news. yes anything is possible i am in remission from 5 chemos which i did not expect to happen so fast. now im in the when is it going to pop back up frame of mind. i don't know what is worse knowing it is there or wondering when or if it will come back?

missjv

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:24 am

I visited with both Nancy and Steve in September 2006. She was all smiles. We reflected, laughed, giggled and she even let me jump on the bed! Nancy is one of the most strong, beautiful and graceful women I have ever met. She continues to fight her cancer with each passing day with hopes of a magic bullet around the horizon. Your prayers for my dear friend are always appreciated and yes, ALL things are truly possible!

Holly

Holly

Nancy's Tulip Garden

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 pm

Dear Friends,

I am sad to report that over the past several days that Nancy's condition has gotten progressively worse. Steve and Nancy have been touched by the outpouring of your love. I believe that God is answering each of our prayers. Through him, ALL things are truly possible.

Tomorrow, I look forward to planting Nancy's tulip garden with Nancy, Steve and their family. God willing, Nancy and I will share one last dance!

Please know that I am grateful to each of you for your prayers!

Holly

Thelma

Postby Thelma » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:04 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy and her family. I always include you all in my prayers and pray there will be a major breakthrough and cure in the near future. My journey with my Chad as he fought his illness,clearly showed the strength of all of you as you fight the battle on a daily basis. Again many prayers are with this group of wonderful fighters!
Thelma

tandys24

In my prayers

Postby tandys24 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:47 am

When i was in trouble, Lord, i prayed to , and you listened to me. From deep in the world of the dead,

I begged for your help, and you answered my prayer.
You threw me down
to the bottom of the sea.
The water was churning
all around:
I was completely covered
by your mighty waves.
I thought I was swept away
from your sight,
never again to see
your holy temple.

I was almost drowned
by the swiriling waters
that surrounded me.
Seaweed had wrapped
around my head.
I had sunk down below
the underwater mountains:
I knew that forever,
I would be a prisoner there.

But, you, Lord God,
rescued me from that pit.
When my life was slipping away,
I remembered you-
and in your holy temple
you heard my prayer.

All who worship worthless idols
turn from the God
who offers them mercy,
But with shouts of praise,
I will offer a sacrifice
to you, my Lord.
I will keep my promise,
because you are the one with power to save.
Jonah 2

I believe in the power of prayer, Nancy you and your family will be in my prayers.

God Bless, and ALWAYS Believe!
30yr with stage 3 cc

Steve

My love, My partner and my Friend

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:16 am

Nancy could not fight any longer. Her body just could not take it any more. I lost her to the battle but lets not loose the war. This is a war for soles and this is the devils sickness. Do not let the devil win the war, remain strong in your faith and believe in God. The Doctors are only human and can not possibly give you what God has to offer. Thank you each one for your prayers, love and support. Take care of one another.

Steve Lopez
Stay Positive!!!

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:53 pm

God Bless you Steve I will go to bed tonight and prayer for you and your family.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:26 pm

Steve,

Yes, it is important that our faith must never waiver. I trust that God answered each of our prayers. Though we will undoubtedly miss Nancy's physical presence, I trust that she will be with us all the days of our lives!

Holly

Thelma

Postby Thelma » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:23 am

Steve, My hope is that you and your family and friends have many wonderful memories of Nancy to sustain you.That and our faith are what keeps us going through a loss,as we truly found out with Chad's battle and our loss. As I had stated before in an earlier post-I insisted Chad's cause of death in his obituary was colon cancer,so others would hopefully realize a 35 year old man can die of colon cancer. The public and medical field have to become more aware of this. Again,Steve my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this time. You now have a special angel watching over you! Thelma
Thelma

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”