Awaiting Second Surgery

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Linda Rains

Awaiting Second Surgery

Postby Linda Rains » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:07 am

Hello everyone. My name is Linda. I am 45 years old and I am awaiting my second colon surgery. I was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer in 2003 and had a left hemicolectomy and eight months of chemotherapy. I have been cancer free since that time but have had polyps detected and removed every three months since then. Just this month, during my routine colonscopy, my surgeon found three polyps; one in the transverse colon, which he was able to remove, and two adenomatous polyps in the right colon, which he was unable to remove. I am now awaiting a total colon resection on October 5th. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had a similar procedure.

Linda
You are loved!

Holly

wow

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:19 pm

Linda,

By now, you have undergone your second surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery! Please be well and know that you are in my prayers! When you are stronger, I do hope that you will update the colon club on your wellness!

everett

Second time

Postby everett » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:40 am

Hi Linda, you and I seem to be on the same track. I just had a recur after being cancer free for five years. Got out of the hospital two weeks ago after another resection. I'm feeling just fine, and hope you are doing the same ..................... everett

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”