Tony Snow Interview on NBC

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Ian

Tony Snow Interview on NBC

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:51 am

Tony Snow gives an interesting interview of his battle with the return of colon cancer on NBC. You can view a video of the interview by going to the web site below and clicking on the Tony Snow story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032553/

momof2crazyboyz

Postby momof2crazyboyz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:42 am

Ian -- thanks for the link -- I looked for this last night and could not find it.. Does any one know what stage he is in? Thanks Cathy
STOP COLON CANCER -- MOON A DOCTOR!
Stage II CC NED 3/07 (HNPCC - Lynch Syndrome)

meighan

Postby meighan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:04 am

I was able to click on the link and then you click on his story it has a picture of him. Thanks for sharing I have been trying to find out how he was doing. He was i believe a stage III when first diagnosed and had his entire colon removed to prevent it from coming back as his mother had died of colon cancer and his is most likely genetic. He went 18 months or more??? NED and then it came back in his perineum space but not any major organs so he is back on chemo. He speaks in this interview to how his speaking out about it helps others and he is not sure why but he wants to do more of it. It is a funny thing how listening to him and watching him so candidly does help......it came back and he is still working and being a father..........i know this is possible but it helps to see it in action......gives us strength. I also saw the Edwards here in my home state campaigning and one of the first things he said is we are doing fine, facing personal challenges but not unlike so many of you. Their strength and will to keep going in this race helps not only us going through it but our friends who aren't.They can see public figures out there doing it so maybe they can stop asking us how can you do it, i just couldn't....it's living proof we can and we do and life keeps going............

missjv

Postby missjv » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:15 am

i watched the entire interview and what a great guy! he sounds like he has the right attitude that it is what it is and you don't go sit in a corner and say poor me you get off your ass and you fight this beast. i do believe the comment about future medications if you can buy yourself two years you could live another ten because of all the new drugs that will be coming out. i just hope his interview will help others who havn't gotten into the fight mode to get up and kick the cancers butt. i had a two day pity party for myself then i said screw this i am not going to die young from some stupid cancer im going to kick it's butt! hope tony continues to do well.

missjv

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:51 am

What a powerful interview. He said a lot of things that we have said throughout this whole ordeal. I was so touched about his discussion about his family. His discussion about how he did not want to be seen as the guy who has to go to bed early all the time, that hit home - as much of his interview did.

He has fears just like us - being a public figure doesn't make him stronger or better at handling cancer. I just hope he can help this administration push for funding for colon cancer research.
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Dr. Tim Johnson and Tony Snow

Postby Edward » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:04 pm

Yesterday Dr. Tim Johnson aired a report on World News by ABC who are becoming the "cancer' network due to Peter Jennings, Joel Siegel and Robin Roberts.

This report talks about lives saved if screening rates were pushed to 90% from their current levels.

http://www.prevent.org/content/view/129/72/

Dr. Johnson does a good reporting about insurance being a barrier to screening.

Although Tony Snow and my politics differ completely, I do wish him well. I actually like him alot even though he works for the other side. Hopefully when this administration ends, he could do some very worthwhile advocacy work.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

PammySue_51

Postby PammySue_51 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:58 pm

This was an extremely inspiring interview with Tony Snow. Thank you for sharing it, Ian. I have always respected Tony Snow. He is so candid and REAL in this interview. I think he was right on target.

Pam
Pam

I Peter 5:10-11

Diagnosed 9/06 Stage IV, 19 mo. chemo, now out of chemo options except for possible clinical trials. 9/3/08 First of two Sir-Spheres procedures.

*Faith is the wind that blows the sail of our ship to the desired destination."

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”