Need some advice

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
HubatHome

Need some advice

Postby HubatHome » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi there,
I am so sorry to read all the things everyone on here has been through but this website seems to be so inspiring. I looked for symptoms, possibly missed symptoms, for colorectal types of cancer but I think personal experience far exceeds the medical interpretation of symptoms and that is why things are missed. I am about to have another colonoscopy for rectal bleeding although it is at the hesidency of the GI Dr. I had one about a yr and a half ago but my former dr who seemed a bit aggitated and actually perforated my bowel and sent me home without telling me. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital where I recovered without surgical intervention. I have some loose bowels but not too frequently but I also have rectal bleeding that actually runs or drips, not just a wipe smear. They have yet to figure out why I have low potassium and even low ionized calcium. When given a rectal exam, I almost jumped off the table when the dr. pressed towards the front and he told me possible muscle spasms. I have had all sorts of scans, although I am allergic to iodine dye with CT scans. I have had ileus of the bowel at least twice that required hospitalization and the low potassium at that time they thought was from diuretic abuse. My other dr. ran test for diuretics and of course they were negative. On the ct scan without dye they noticed a fluid pouch in my intestinal wall but it resolved while I was still hospitalized so they just sent me on my way. I would like to hear from anyone and everyone who might be able to share their experiences and symptoms. Good luck to all and I pray you all a healthy recovery as well as a diagnosis for me.

Lisa

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:31 am

Do you have any other symptoms like anemia? Be persistent until you find the source of your problem. Get an MRI if you are allergic to the iodine. How is all your blood work? You have to be a pioneer in your own healthcare please God you are fine, but if you are not feeling right you owe it to yourself to keep checking. Good luck.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”