Stopping the mag/calcium

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Carolyn JB

Stopping the mag/calcium

Postby Carolyn JB » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Ok, I had 7 rounds of folfox 6 then stopped ofr about 8 weeks (to prepare and then after liver surgery). The week before I was to start up with the chemo again, on both hands my thumbs and forefingers were a little numbish. Got the chemo on monday and my oncologists stopped the calcium/mag infusion that usually comes after the oxali (I did get the one before). Well, this time around the tips of my fingers are totally numb - has that happened with anyone else that stopped the mag/calcium infusion??

I talked to my oncologist and I am going to have the next chemo but then will probably switch to fulfuri to finish out chemo.

Carolyn

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:38 am

I had my chemo 2 years ago and they didn't give me the calcium/mag infusion at all. I would get numbness in my feet and hands but it would go away inbetween treatments until my last treatment. It stayed after the last treatment. My hands, feet and up my legs to my knees were numb. It has been two years now and it is all gone except the bottoms of my feet. I also notice my joints are really stiff since the Chemo as well and am wondering if that is also a side effect of the Oxaliplatin too. My oncologist says it will eventually all go away but it could take up to 4 years or so. If this is the only side effect I have from it and am cured, that is ok with me!! I will take it!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”