Random Question

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Maggie

Random Question

Postby Maggie » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:45 am

Hi everyone....
Lately, I've been wondering about this more and more. I haven't done any research on the internet or anything, but I thought I'd throw it out to you guys. When I was diagnosed with colon cancer five years ago (I had stage I signet ring carcinoma), my doctor seemed somewhat interested in the fact that I had some problems with my joints and ligaments in the past. I have extremely loose ligaments, causing my joints to constantly be unstable. I've had problems with it for as long as I can remember. I've even had 1 knee surgery and three shoulder surgeries to try and correct it. It's a genetic thing. Anyway, when I went to my oncologist this year he seemed particularly interested in this as well (I just had my third surgery on my shoulder in April, 2005 and am still having tons of issues with it). Neither doctor explained why they were interested and why it was note worthy. I guess it leads me to believe or to at least speculate that there may be some connection (whether proven or not). Has anyone else ever had any similar problems with loose joints? There is a specific disease it's called, but my shoulder doctor isn't sure that's what it is with me. But it is related to genetics for sure, my mother has the same problem (as a matter of fact, she didn't have colon cancer but diverticulitis and had the same resection surgery as me 6 months later). Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone's heard anything about it or experiences the same thing.
Have a good day!
Maggie

julie

Postby julie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:18 am

That is so weired! I have been having crunching in my shoulders for a while now, I havent been diagnosed with cancer, but I am scheduled for a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks, I also suffer with pains in my knees & elbows I thought it might just be general aches & pains but now you`ve got me thinking! :?

maggie

Postby maggie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:26 am

I honestly don't know if there is any connection between loosely buily people and colon cancer, but for some reason it interested all of my doctors. Both my shoulder doctor, colon docotor and my oncologist. Who know's maybe they just think it's an odd combo! I just wanted to thow it out to the group to see if anyone's had any experience with the both!
Mags

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Maggie,

Welcome to the Colon Club! I wish I could better help you with your question. I have heard that once you turn "30" everything goes down hill, hahaha. I attribute my aches to such. I hope that you find relief and I encourage you to be persistent with your medical team in finding a solution to your problem!

Hugs!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”