By the way

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Jeremiah

By the way

Postby Jeremiah » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 pm

I am doing the infamous clean out right now and have my first colonoscopy (2nd total), since all of this began last April, tomorrow. So far things have been going well. I just need a clean bill of health from this colonoscopy.
Jeremiah Moore
Stg 4 Colon Cancer: Diag. Apr 18, 06 at Age 32
Personal Website
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistant one." -Albert Einstein

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:40 pm

Good luck! I had mine last month. All is well for me. Hope your news is good as well!

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:23 am

Good luck to you mate, ive got my 2nd one this friday. Can't wait for the prep!

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:47 am

im off for my 1st colonoscopy too today since cancer diagnosis last year. im hoping nothing new is found.

missjv

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:18 am

HI,
WELL EXCELLENT NEWS FOR ME MY COLONOSCOPY DID NOT EVEN SHOW A FRECKLE. I WAS SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT NEWS SINCE LAST YEAR I WAS TOLD I HAD THE DREADED COLON CANCER. I THINK I WILL GO HAVE A DRINK!

MISSJV

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:35 am

Good luck, Jeremiah. I'll be thinking of you!

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:56 am

HI JEREMIHA

JUST WONDERING HOW THE COLONOSCOPY WENT YESTERDAY? I ALSO HAD ONE YESTERDAY AT 8:00 AM AND ALL WAS CLEAR NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT SO THAT IS ONE THING OFF MY MIND FOR NOW. HOPE EVRYTHING WENT WELL WITH YOURS.

MISSJV

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:11 pm

Glad to hear the great news Missjv. You must be thrilled.

I have a gutload of diverticulae that keep getting inflamed, and, of course the old hemorrhoid that's been bleeding off and on for 20 years so no one, including me, would ever suspect I had colon cancer. So I wasn't squeaky clean, but no cancer, and I'm happy with that. Last year's scope result came as a surprise. I had no idea. It was just the "Happy 50th Birthday" screening, and I had Stage III CC. Wowzers!

Anybody else have scope results coming in?

sean

Postby sean » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:36 pm

Great to see so many good scopes coming in. Mine's not till January so I'm hoping they have Jolly Rancher cherry flavor preps by then. Two large bottles of sweetened saltwater suck juice (aka moviprep) just doesn't float my boat - but at least its just once a year and it really does work to clean you out. Did anyone come across a prep they'd do again thats not too bad going down?
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:28 pm

Nope. I find that, bad as it is going down, it's worse coming out. I'm usually very sore by the time it's over, even with lots of petroleum jelly. I had the prep for the scope last year and again 10 days later for surgery, along with oral antibiotics, which I tend to tolerate about as well as I do chemo. Fluid was sloshing all around inside of me trying to figure out which oriface it wanted to come flying out of.

I've had Half Lytely, MoviPrep, Fleets Phospha Soda and Mag Citrate, and they were all about the same.

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 am

I don't know what it is called, but when my sister had her colonoscopy, they gave her pills to take, so she did not have to drink any nasty stuff. I think she had to take three pills every 15 minutes? I can't remember - just remember that she was lucky to get a pill form that worked just as well as the nasty drinks.
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:31 am

I'm a pansy about liquid medecine, so I did those pills for my last scope and yacked all night long. FYI...the stuff tastes just as bad on the way up. The pills are HUGE. I cut them in half and still had trouble swallowing them. I had to take 20 the night before (3 every 15 minutes until they were gone...so it took an hour and a half) and 20 the morning of (again 3 every 15 minutes until they were gone). Here's the kicker though. Because my scope was scheduled at 7:30am, I had to wake myself up at 3:30 to finish the prep...which meant I was up until 5 prepping...which meant sleep wasn't happening. :shock:

In all honestly, the first 20 pills were okay, but it was the second round that got me. You ahve to drink SOOOO much with them.

For my scope yestereday I had 4 dulcolax pills, 2 10 oz bottles of magnesu=ium citrate (would have been better if I'd remembered to put them in the refrigerator) and miralax mixed with 64 oz of Gatorade. I will admit that I only drank half the Gatorade, but doc siad I was thoroughly cleaned. Honestly, that was the easiest prep I've ever done! ...and my colon was clean as a whistle...up until I ate that burrito last night! :D

nodo

Postby nodo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:50 pm

I had several scopes my first year and continue to have them yearly now. I told my doctor I would not drink the huge jug of fishwater again since it was so awful the first time. I now do 4 dulcolax in the afternoon (day before the scope) and then drink Mirilax (sp?) with 64 oz. of Gatorade. I even cheat a little and do one dulcolax two nights before the scope. I then start the prep the next day a few hours earlier than I am supposed to. That way, I'm done by 10 pm and have a great night sleep.

Jeremiah

Good News

Postby Jeremiah » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:05 am

Put me on the list of good news. Nothing found in the colonoscopy. NOTHING!!!! Finally some good news. Who would have thought that over a year after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer I would have no active tumors in my body!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I do the pills also. The first time they were called Visical, this time they were called Osmoprep. The pills are soooo much better than the citrate. =(
Jeremiah Moore
Stg 4 Colon Cancer: Diag. Apr 18, 06 at Age 32
Personal Website
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistant one." -Albert Einstein

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Congrats on your good news! Gives hope to the rest of us, that is for sure!
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”