lung biopsy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sue

lung biopsy

Postby sue » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:18 pm

Has anyone had spots on their lungs biopsied? If so how do they do this?
Oct 2003 surgery 36 weeks 5FU

Dec 2006-mets to liver and lymph nodes (stage 1V ) Had liver resection/radiation/chemo

2008 nodes on lungs started FOLFOX4, 5FU/leucovorin, avastin. After 10 cycles no change

Oct 2008 started 5-FU

May 2009-Folfox4

rthornton

Postby rthornton » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:29 pm

I had a lung biopsy done just a few days ago. The procedure was a CT-guided needle biopsy. I was positioned face down on a CT scanner, and several images were taken of the lesion to be biopsied. Then I was given a sedation and a needle was inserted into my back, and inevitably into the lesion, and tissue extracted through the needle. Even with a minor complication, I was out of the hospital in a few hours and had minimal discomfort (wouldn't even call it pain!).

It was a pretty easy procedure, even though I didn't like the results of my biopsy .....

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Rodney

sue

thx

Postby sue » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Rodney, Thank you for your explainabtion, and I am sorry about your results. Mine will probably be the same. What's next for you??

rthornton wrote:I had a lung biopsy done just a few days ago. The procedure was a CT-guided needle biopsy. I was positioned face down on a CT scanner, and several images were taken of the lesion to be biopsied. Then I was given a sedation and a needle was inserted into my back, and inevitably into the lesion, and tissue extracted through the needle. Even with a minor complication, I was out of the hospital in a few hours and had minimal discomfort (wouldn't even call it pain!).

It was a pretty easy procedure, even though I didn't like the results of my biopsy .....

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Rodney
Oct 2003 surgery 36 weeks 5FU

Dec 2006-mets to liver and lymph nodes (stage 1V ) Had liver resection/radiation/chemo

2008 nodes on lungs started FOLFOX4, 5FU/leucovorin, avastin. After 10 cycles no change

Oct 2008 started 5-FU

May 2009-Folfox4

rthornton

Postby rthornton » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:25 pm

The next step happens tomorrow morning, when I meet with a thoracic surgeon. I think that I will have a thorascopy to remove what turned out to be a small malignant tumor. The other option (than a thorascopy) is an open procedure, but everyone that I know, who works in the medical field, tells me to go for the thorascopy.

You don't know the results until you get them, so maybe you will be fine. Good luck, anyway!

Rodney

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”