Andrea (Rocco) Smith

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fitzgeraldmom

Andrea (Rocco) Smith

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:58 pm

Just wanted to inform you all on Andrea. She took a turn for the worse on July 4th and is currently unconscious and is not expected to come out of it. Her sister Tara said that at this point they are just trying to keep her comfortable before she passes.
Please pray for her girls Kristen and Haley during this time and for her husband Steve. They had celebrated their 1 year anniversary in April. The girls lives will be uprooted and they will now have to go live with their father. This is a very sad day as the Heavens welcome their newest angel... I will pass along more details as I get them.
Kellie
Last edited by Fitzgeraldmom on Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:23 pm

So sorry for Andrea and her family. Thoughts and prayers to all.

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:31 pm

This is such a painful post to read. Andrea has filled me with hope so many times. She is a hero to me and my memory of her will feul me to carry on my focus of making people aware of colon cancer.

My prayers will be for a peaceful passing and strength and courage for her husband and girls. Like many of you, my heart hurts and the tears are falling. Keep fighting everyone...we will soon have a new angle to guide us.
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

ASTEPHENS33

Light

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:15 pm

I, too, have been touched by Andrea's light. She has been an inspiration for my own journey. Please continue to post her status.

tandy24
Facebook Username: Lisa Tandy

Postby tandy24 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:37 pm

I am just overwhelmed with sadness right now, I came to know the colon club over a year ago when I was first dx, I read alot of Andrea's post and she has given me such hope. It pains me to hear about her beautiful girls.
Andrea and family are in my prayers.
God Bless and Believe,

Terry Miller

Andrea

Postby Terry Miller » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:27 pm

I shared many private emails with Andrea and I can say she never lost hope no matter how bleak it looked. Her love for her children and life kept her going longer than any doctor had ever expected. What a tough woman! We will miss her.

Terry

kholt

Postby kholt » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:14 am

I'm new to the site. I've just finished reading the posts on Andrea and my heart is broken and tears are falling. I regret not being able to meet this woman. Her story has been an inspiration to me, especially her focus on quality of life. Issues I'm currently struggling with. I will pray for your family. I will pray that your girls will know and remember what a brave and noble woman you are. Thank you Andrea.
K

Fitzgeraldmom

Sad news....

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:57 pm

Andrea passed away this afternoon, Saturday July 14th 2007 at 12:30 P.M. I spoke to Steve, her husband, and he is doing ok for now. He said the girls are doing surprisingly well and have already been removed from their home and brought to their father's house. There is no service planned for Andrea, however, if anyone wants to send a condolence card to the family, you can private message me and I will give you my address and you can mail a card to me and I will get a care package together for him...
This is a very sad day.... I feel as though I have lost my best friend...
Please pray for her family...
Kellie

janb

Postby janb » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:06 pm

A truly sad day. She will be sorely missed; this is a great loss to the Colon Club.
Rest in peace Andrea,
Jan
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:25 pm

hi,
what a shame. she was such a fighter, i hope her girls are reminded in the future of how their mother fought like hell to stay with them as long as she could. this is so unfair i don't understand why things like this happen i guess i never will. at least she is at peace and not suffering anymore from this nasty cancer. my sympathies to her family and friends.

missjv

Fitzgeraldmom

:-(

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:32 pm

...It truly is a sad day for the colon club today... Andrea was such a fighter. And felt so strongly in being honest with her girls and helping them to try and understand what was happening... She was such a strong woman... Until the very end. And I did get to meet her and I am so grateful I did. I feel honored to of been a part of her life. I will miss her terribly...
Thanks for all the nice posts and kind things you all are saying. I am not kidding when I say the friends I have met on this site are amazing... Each and every one of you.
God Bless and please, hug your kids just a little tighter today and be happy you still can.
Kellie
Last edited by Fitzgeraldmom on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetlex

Postby jetlex » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:43 pm

I just finished reading Andrea's posts and I was so touched. Although I never met her, I can tell what an incredible person she was...such an inspiration to others, such a fighter who never gave up hope despite all she had to go through. What a lovely, lovely person. May she rest in peace. My condolences go out to her two daughters and her husband at this difficult time. May they be comforted by the beautiful memories that she has left with them.

sue

Please tell me how to read Andrea's posts

Postby sue » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:11 pm

Please tell me how to read Andrea's posts.....thx.
jetlex wrote:I just finished reading Andrea's posts and I was so touched. Although I never met her, I can tell what an incredible person she was...such an inspiration to others, such a fighter who never gave up hope despite all she had to go through. What a lovely, lovely person. May she rest in peace. My condolences go out to her two daughters and her husband at this difficult time. May they be comforted by the beautiful memories that she has left with them.
Oct 2003 surgery 36 weeks 5FU

Dec 2006-mets to liver and lymph nodes (stage 1V ) Had liver resection/radiation/chemo

2008 nodes on lungs started FOLFOX4, 5FU/leucovorin, avastin. After 10 cycles no change

Oct 2008 started 5-FU

May 2009-Folfox4

Fitzgeraldmom

Andrea

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Andrea's posts are under the topic/title of "6 months to live". They should be around April of 2006, several pages back....

Jeremiah

Awful

Postby Jeremiah » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:05 pm

My heart feels like someone is hitting it with a hammer. This is awful news and I can only hope that the ones she leaves behind find a shread of peace with such a terrible event.

Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Jeremiah Moore
Stg 4 Colon Cancer: Diag. Apr 18, 06 at Age 32
Personal Website
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistant one." -Albert Einstein

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”