glad to see topic removed

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missjv

glad to see topic removed

Postby missjv » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 am

hi,
wow did i get angry with that disco guy from now on i will ignore those postings that make me mad instead of answering them cause i don't need the stress. at first it was sort of fun but then it got out of hand and im glad it got removed. we are all here for the same thing and that is comfort from hearing stories from others who are going through the same things and support, not to bash anyone for the treatments they have chosen or not chosen to do. it is too bad there are some bad apples out there who pop up on the board every now and again, but from now on i will not pay attention to them and if everyone did the same and not do what i did and get an argument going then maybe those bad apples will find somewhere else to go if no one answers their posts.

missjv

Fitzgeraldmom

Ugh

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:08 pm

I agree Missjv but we learned the hard way that people can be cruel... Look what happened with Andrea...
We just have to keep in mind that not all people are evil. There are some wonderful people on this site...
The rest of them can f#&k off!!!!!
(Excuse the language)
Kellie

Hawaii

Postby Hawaii » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:33 pm

What happened with Andrea? I'm new here.

sean

Postby sean » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 pm

I just wanted to say to MissJV that you must be one firecracker of a person. Thanks for sayiing in blunt talk what I'm sure a lot of us thought of disco. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'd like to meet you. Your posts are some of my favorites.
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

Ron50

Postby Ron50 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi Missjv,
I concur,my Dad always told me never to argue with fools or drunks and I too am sorry that I have replied to some posts as I surely have violated Dads first rule.
Although I have survived over 9 years ,sometimes I wonder if the chemo that I had has caused more problems than it fixed. So last week I paid a social visit to my oncologist. He is a really nice man and he was pleased to see that I was still breathing and also to see me as an old friend .
I spoke about all of the problems that I had with gall and kidney stones and asked what if anything he thought the chemo had done.
For one ,he said,I believe it saved your life. As for the stones he said that unless they were crystals of 5fu they had nothing to do with chemo and suggested that had I not suffered from ca I still would have had gall and kidney problems anyway. He was quite candid about the toxcicity of some of the chemo drugs but as he said he does not treat skinned knees. He fights fire with fire. In his opinion the chemo is only likely to cause health problems whilst it is being used and I remember well how clearly he stated the possible side effects when I was starting.
It was good to see him again and I still trust and believe him. He has eased my mind on a lot of niggling doubts. Ps. The chemo clinic still has a strange odor that makes me want to up-chuck the moment I smell it.
Stay well,Ron.

jsills

Postby jsills » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:11 am

Yep I think you did get a little bit mad missjv, actually I loved the way you got on discodummie, he had it coming.

Molly gives him a very clear message in her post to him and we are lucky to have such a dedicated person watching over and taking care of this site. Venting is a good thing but having a place where we go to bond as a group-family and not be cut down by some idiot is what this site provides and I thank Molly for it.

If you are married missjv, tell your husband I feel for him, just kidding.

Jimmy

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:19 am

hi,
well i am married and hubby says thanks for the sympathy (haha) that dude just irritated the crap out of me, none of us should have to defend our decisions on our chemo, radiation, and surgery to anyone, especially some wack job who claims to poop out his cancer who is developing a laser so he can burn out the rest. im sure he will be back under a different name and start again but i won't fall for it i will try to control myself. and sean i do get in your neck of the woods a couple times of the year my brother and grandmother live around the fairfax area we will have to do coffee next time i get up there.

missjv

sean

Postby sean » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:12 pm

If your up in the area & have some free time send me a PM & hopefully we can get together. It would be nice to meet you.
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

FRIEND

SAME OLD S--T

Postby FRIEND » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:54 pm

I am glad all you wonderful people have nothing better to do than harpoon poor Mr. Disco Ed . For people including Molly who are suppose to be kind, considerate and compassionate your all full of crap. She seems to be able to pick and choose who and what is discussed on this site and from my understanding it's a free form and a free internet. If someone does not have the same opinion as your pathetic group they are labeled trouble makers and are ban from this web site (Big Deal) I enjoy getting you heated up . Gives MissJv the chance to write more than one sentence and I read 317 of her posts and I can't see one thing she has contributed other than one liners saying nothing or stupid questions and as usual it's the same old people complaining. Why don't you go away And use the web site to educate people not a chat room ...... thats what e-mail and chat rooms are for.

Fitzgeraldmom

Ugh

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:28 pm

Havent you heard of the saying"If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all." You should try and follow that, "friend."

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Guest,

Since your first post here asked for help, and your second thanked us for such a wonderful website, I'm a little surprised at your response here.

You obviously didn't read my post thoroughly, so I will point out again that this is not a democracy, and yes, I will pick and choose what comes down. Disco offended people. His posts (2 of them) came down. In the history of this board, I have only removed 3 (legitimate) posts. What does that tell you?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”