Chemo, Round Two ding ding ding ding

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:20 pm

Oxali can be fun. I've had three rounds, my last a week ago. I was starting to get over the tingling and cold sensitivity, so I just sat down to a dish of ice cream. My favorite source of calories! Now my mouth is numb and my toungue is thick and I can't talk right. Fun stuff.

But there are positive things. I live in Utah where you can only buy real beer warm at the liquor store. Well, with oxali on board, I only have to cool my beer a tiny bit and my body thinks it's cold. Lucky me, give's me easily a half hour head start on my hubby or friends who are still waiting for their suds to chill. 'Course with all this chemo on board, the beer bill is going down down down... but that's good too. Now a singe beer gives me a pleasant buzz and I can almost forget about this cancer stuff for an hour or two...

I'm so tired of room temperature food and drinks, I could just scream. Oh well, I just keep picturing those liver lesions shrinking, shrinking.... gone!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”