29 year old mom with colon cancer~

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Calif.Optimist

29 year old mom with colon cancer~

Postby Calif.Optimist » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:56 pm

I want to thank the wonderful girls who started the colon club site and all colon calendar heroes. I wrote the following email in desperation:
Hello Molly,
My name is Diane and my daughter, Mina (29 year old single mom of 2 young girls 5& 8) has stage 4colon cancer and is in Kaiser in San Diego. She was diagnosed in July of this year and has been in treatment since August. This November 25th, her weight went down to 105 (she is 5’9”) back into the hospital. The doctor found new cancer growth in her abdomen. After three weeks of treatment (Chemo) the doctor said he didn’t think the treatment was working. They want to put her into hospice care. I don’t want to give up! Where can we go? Please, respond as soon as possible as time is very limited.
Thanks, we will be grateful for any information. We have your calendar, the inspiration is beyond words! Mina wanted me to read about each girl.
Diane
619-992-9197
Each girl (you are girls to me) sent me an email with tips on where to go and encouragement to keep going and never to give up. Amanda’s family phoned us and gave us several doctors to contact at MD Anderson. When I called MD Anderson, they said they could not take her because of her TPN (feeding tubes etc). We continued to call and got in touch with Dana Farber Cancer Center ~ WE HAVE AN APPOINTMENT!
Mina was told that she would have to walk up the stairs without assistance or she could not board the plane to Farber Cancer Center in Boston.~ Well, as I write this letter, she is in the hospital with her brother, older sister and several friends walking up and down the stairs.
Thanks to everyone for the inspiration~ we love each and every one of you. Thanks to our Surgeon at Kaiser in San Diego, Dr. Greif, for buying the calendar for my daughter . We love him, too.
Diane

Postby guest » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:11 am

As a Mother of a 34 year old son with stage IV colon cancer I can truly feel for you and your family. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thelma

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”