How do I meet divorcees with an Ostomy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
dove1916

How do I meet divorcees with an Ostomy

Postby dove1916 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:26 pm

It seems impossible and like I am the only one, black, over 52 and has an ostomy. I have joined an ostomy club but there is never anyone there single preferably male, that is'nt already with someone. I feel trapped with this ostomy and totally alone all the time. I am truly saved. I believe most hide it as I do. I am very out going and do go places to meet folk and in my 20 years with this thing, have not so much as had even a female friend with one. I know there are many people in my age group with them but are probably just as ashamed and feel as inferior as I do about it. I am female and been divorced since February 2003. Where do I go to meet fellow ostomites. I have been told I dress nice and is attractive quite often and turn heads, but the first thing I think is if they knew I had an ostomy they would' nt even speak to me. I feel I am being punished for trying to stay alive and this feels like a curse. I would greatly loved to meet folk more like me. I have a descent sense of humor and treat people the way I wish to be treated but even this seems to fail. I am a positive person , I am just baring what is on my mind to fellow ostomites who may be able to help me. If there is an ostomite pen pal out there I sure would like to meet one or some in my position, because being alone everywhere you go is no fun at all. I wear clothes that completely conceil it, and don't let it stop me from traveling. I pray soon I will meet a companion with an ostomey, what joy that would bring into my life. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS. :?: :?:

k9 fann

ostomy

Postby k9 fann » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:42 pm

Don't feel alone! There is nothing to be ashamed of! You have found the perfect website for answers. I may need a permanent colostomy due to rectal cancer...I am only 28. I don't know of anyone who has one but my ostomy nurse is a great source of information...PM me and I can give you more information.
Thanks and God bless you too!
K9 fan

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:59 am

I can't give you a specific answer it terms of a dating service or anything.
but i'd definitely recommend A) going to the www.uoaa.org site and getting on the message boards over there. The folk on there may not have had cancer, they might have ostomies due to UC or Crohns, etc. but you'll meet a lot of great people on there. AND..B) come to the UOAA conference this august in Chicago!
there they will have lectures/seminars/discussion panels, and some of the topics deal with dating and sexuality, etc.
I'll be there....um...although i'm a 27 yr old female. probably not your type. and my boyfriend may get a little jealous.

good luck!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”