Scholarships/grants for young adult cancer survivors

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Hannah

Scholarships/grants for young adult cancer survivors

Postby Hannah » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:00 pm

I thought the below email I received would be of interest to Colon Clubbers! The SAMFund is a great organization and these scholarships cover a lot of various things. Check out the application for more info, requirements, scholarship limits, etc.

:)Hannah

I wanted to let you all know that the 2007-8 application for SAMFund grants and scholarships is now available! It can be downloaded from our website at
http://www.thesamfund.org/grants-scholarships.html . The submission
deadline is Friday, September 7th. Applicants must be between 17 and 35, finished with treatment, and residents of the United States.

Our grants and scholarships are meant to help survivors empower themselves as they move forward after treatment. In the past two years, we have awarded a total of $135,000 to 50 young adults across the country for post-treatment, "real life" needs such as rent and other living expenses, tuition and loans, car and health insurance premiums, residual medical bills and prescription co-pays. For a complete list of what we will fund, please take a look at the last page of our application.
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

cynnycal

Postby cynnycal » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:16 am

I actually was filling the application for this out just the other day. this would be a dream for me actually.
if i could go back to school for film/video, i'd make a movie that would make all you guys proud.

hannah, you have any pull with these peeps? ;)

(and p.s....am i gonna see you in chicago missy?)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”