wathcing tons of sci fi (wife says "Oh I get it" now)

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Bill5107

wathcing tons of sci fi (wife says "Oh I get it" now)

Postby Bill5107 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 am

Last night I was watching the old Battlestar Galactica series on Netflix, probably around apisode 6 or 7 when my wife came came in, sat down and exclaimed "Oh! Now I get it! Sarbuck and Apollo" followed immediately by "I hope Starbuck was a girl in the new series." :roll:

I of course explained that yes, of course that was quite controversial when the new series came out! lol I had it queued up for quite a while now. I had tortured my wife on and off with 120+ DVDs of Dr Who (she can't stand the british accents! lol) and then with other random stuff like sliders, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, Monty Python, Torchwood, and Eureka. Well, now I'm watching the old series before seeing how much of the new stuff is in Netflix.

And yes, I can't help but think about Starbuck30 and Apollo from time to time as I watch the series. Many will debate us fans on this, but she had good taste in sci-fi :-)

My wife and I are a matched set here too... I'm Bill5107, she's Lois7718. Get it? She says I'm the weird one, but the names were HER idea lol!

(Edit: changed title since I wasn't sure it was sure folks would be put off by it)
2010-07-02 Dx rectal cancer (Stage 3)
'-07-21 Chemoradiation
'-10-13 APR surgery, 10/18 nodes still active
'-11-22 12x2wk rnds FOLFOX
2011-12-07 Mets X-P
Don't retreat, reload!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”