No Joke!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Joy

No Joke!

Postby Joy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Help please this is driving me nuts.

This is the only place on earth where I can ask this question.

I had a LAR of my sigmoid Jan 2006 - stage III. I've been NED since October 2006. I know this might seem trivial but I suffer terribly from gas.

It is awful and is very embarassing because I can't control it.

I still suffer from the usual frequency "bathroom issues" but I'm getting pretty good at handing my "new normal". The gas is another big problem.

My granddaughter said to me "hey grandma you toot and you stink.

I hope someone has a cure for this because I could turn into a social outcast.

Now I've got myself laughing :lol: but as they say it ain't no joke.

sean

Postby sean » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:20 pm

I've had a few bouts with very bad gas (smell & quantity) during chemo. The first lasted over a week before the PA put me on Bentyl (there was cramping too and this is an anti-spasmodic) and double the OTC perscription for gas X (apparently there is safe room to take a lot more, but I'd check with your doc or pharmacist first). Cleared up in a few days and I was back to normal when I stopped taking the medicine. Maybe you just need to break the cycle going on it you'll get some relief. Good luck.
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

LA8

Postby LA8 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Joy - consider yourself lucky you are able to pass gas in public! I suffer with gas also, but I can't let it escape because there's usually something more sinister in front of it, so I can only f**t when I'm in the bathroom!

PammySue_51

Be Thankful

Postby PammySue_51 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:58 pm

Just be thankful you can pass gas where it's supposed to come out :lol: Mine goes into a colostomy bag, then it looks like I'm pregnant. But it doesn't stink to other people, so that is a good thing. Now and then I have to excuse myself to folks, go into the bathroom, and "burp" the bag. Then, it really stinks to me :(

I know it wasn't a joke, but your granddaughter's comment was kind of funny. You gotta love those grandkids. You will not become a social outcast either. People DO understand.

Pam

I Peter 5:10
Pam

I Peter 5:10-11

Diagnosed 9/06 Stage IV, 19 mo. chemo, now out of chemo options except for possible clinical trials. 9/3/08 First of two Sir-Spheres procedures.

*Faith is the wind that blows the sail of our ship to the desired destination."

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”