Aranesp & Bone Pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Christine

Aranesp & Bone Pain

Postby Christine » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:34 pm

At my last chemo treatment I was given an injection of Aranesp to stimulate my bone marrow to produce more blood. (My hemoglobin was at 9.5) I was told that this would cause some minor bone pain. For two days I was in a lot of pain. I took Vicodin, but it did not really help. I received another injection today (the pain has not started yet) and mentioned how horrible the pain was the first time. The nurse recommended that I take Ibuprofen instead of the Vicodin because it is an anti-inflammatory. She also said that the pain is often worse after the first injection, but then the body gets more used to it. Does anyone have any experience with this and any reccommendations to deal with the pain?

Thanks!

Christine

etl

Postby etl » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:38 am

I do injections of Neprogin to stimulate the white cell count. I start to get the bone pain right away. I take percocet to help there is not much else that they recomend instead of an injection 3 times they cut it down to 2 which keeps the counts just where they should be. Good Luck.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”