question for adult MALES DX with RECTAL CANCER 18+ symptoms?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Discoclub

question for adult MALES DX with RECTAL CANCER 18+ symptoms?

Postby Discoclub » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:57 pm

If this question is offensive please remove it. I am asking a serious question.

I believe that I may have had Rectal Cancer for over 20 years. I believe that the bloody diarhea was just the late stage symptom.

What symptoms did any of you men experience? Possibly earlier, before DX?

The symptom I am most concerned about deals with pain after intercourse.

Did anyone here suffer from excruciating pain in thier rectum after intercourse? Something described like a hot poker shoved up their rectum? Mine was very infrequent, maybe once a year.

i asked doc about it and was told that I needed fiber. or that it was just something not to be concerned with too much.

i have three sons. and I have now found out that I have genetic predisposition to CC. I am asking for others symptoms, possibly very very early symptoms so I know what to tell my sons to look out for.
Last edited by Discoclub on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

LA8

Postby LA8 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi, DiscoClub. Well, I was a little shocked after reading your post, but after looking a couple of times I know now what you mean. Perhaps the wording could be different?

I haven't experienced the pain you describe, but I did read that the average tumor has been growing for about 7 years before its discovered. In my case, thinking back, my BM's started going downhill 10 years ago. I always attributed this to a single, beer drinking lifestyle. I also remember flattish stools back then. If I knew then what I know now! So, your 20 year theory could well be true.

Discoclub

Postby Discoclub » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks for the response.

I really did not know how to word the question, or the post topic. I really wanted male input to ask if other males had had similar episodes.

I have wanted to ask that question since I firest read this board, but have tried to think of wording that would be acceptable.

cd

get a scope

Postby cd » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:35 pm

If you aren't satisfied with the answers, get a scope. Can't hurt, could save your life.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”