I received FABULOUS news today

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
klryder02

I received FABULOUS news today

Postby klryder02 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am

I have, have, have to share this with everyone.

I just finished round 13 of Folfox with Avastin minus Oxail. today. I dropped Oxail at round 10 just about a month an a half ago.

In Oct, I was diagnosed with stage IV (age 26). It had moved to my neck and chest, and in one of my CAT scans from December, the phrase "too many nodules to count" was actually used. It was in dozens of places in my chest, with one particular place that was actually larger than what was found in my colon.

Anyway, the CAT scan that was taken yesterday was the shortest report I have ever seen. They had nothing to comment on!! Now, there are no nodules to report, except for the one largest one in the middle of my chest, that has shrunk about 75% from it's original size. The one in my colon can no longer be seen.

I was totally not expecting this dramatic of news. Some of you may remember the post I made back in April about me reading my ENTIRE medical file (which I don't suggest you do unless you want to be depressed for a few weeks). After reading it, I felt like I may be one of those people who may have to "live with cancer". That thought depressed me for a few months, but I started to come to terms with that.

I can honestly say today is one of those turning points in my life. I can actually beat this thing...and I'm going to. OMG!

I talked to a ton of people this evening to share my news with them...but no one can understand like the people on this message board. I have seen quite a few people lately that are just starting chemo post on this board, and I want to share my news/story for any of you who may be questioning if this stuff can actually work. I'm not NED yet, but today's results made all of the numbness and loss of feeling in my hands and feet worth it all.

Thanks for reading!!!!

-Kelly
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

missjv

Postby missjv » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:50 am

hi,
wow thats great news congratulations! can you now have whats left of tumors surgically removed? well again congrats i always like to see good news on this board.

missjv

Joy

Postby Joy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:39 am

Kelly: I'm so happy for you. Hang in there Kiddo ----you CAN beat the beast.

Hugs and more hugs to you!!!

Joyce

Daran

Postby Daran » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:16 am

Kelly

Great news. Keep fighting and you will beat it back to live a long time.

Hang in there.

Daran

:D

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:27 am

Kelly:
Congrats! stories like yours are what get us all through the day. Every bit of good news adds a little more strength for me - everyones joys are my joys, everyone's triumphs are my triumphs. This website is so poweerful!
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

cindy31

Postby cindy31 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Its so nice to hear some good news! I could imagine how elated you are! I am so happy for you to. Thanks for sharing the great news to give others like myself some hope!
Staying hopeful Cindy

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Kelly.
That's AWESOME!!!!

Way to go kiddo!
John
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

jennb

Postby jennb » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Congrats on your great news and sharing it with us!!

It has given me a boost in my state of mind. I was very positive when I received my diagnosis 2/07 Stage IV CRC w/mets to liver. One of my tumors dislodged and caused a perforated bowel. Emergency surgery, two week hospital stay and a tough time regaining the spark even though what happened was truly a blessing. I was looking at a permanent colostomy and now I have a temporary.

Thank you for sharing your awesome news and giving me the boost to get that spark back!!!! :D

Best wishes

LA8

Postby LA8 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:47 pm

Always great to hear good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ray

Postby ray » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Wow. I've got goosebumps.

That's just incredible news.

:D
Diagnosed at age 47 after bleeding for many years
Stage II, T3N0M0
Sigmoid resection 8-20-02, 6 mo 5fu/leucovoran
Currently NED.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:33 pm

Kelly,
congrats!!!!!!!! sounds like your on the way to the stage 4 Ned club.
Im very happy for you.

best wishes on getting that last little spot.
Anita april 2007
ned for 22 months scan today still waiting results

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”