colostomy reversal diet

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lrweaver53

colostomy reversal diet

Postby Lrweaver53 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:20 am

My husband had his colostomy reversed 18 months ago. He's been having trouble with bloating and abdominal pain he believes is due to his diet. Any suggestions on which foods to eat and which ones to avoid?

:?

yusuf

colostomy reversal and diet

Postby yusuf » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:59 am

I had my reversal about 18 months ago. I have experienced some bloating before. After carefully observing the types of food I take, I am now free of any stomach problems. I take sufficient amounts of natural yoghurt in almost all my meals. Spinach and okra dominate my every meal - in curry or boiled in water and then consumed with bread (the bread is without bicarbonates, yeast etc). Papaya in the morning and before bedtime helped me significantly. It is always helpful to take small amounts of food at meal times.

abbot121

Re:colostomy reversal diet

Postby abbot121 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:05 am

Hey Lrweaver53,I have similar troubles before.My stomach was brought through the wall of the abdomen and attached to the skin.I had severe pain. What I used to do in case of diet, I took only very light non spicy food and drank a lot of water every day. Your husband can try similar things.

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:40 pm

Im the same, always feel worse after too much bread. I take a natural peppermint to help relieve the bloated feeling.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”