cea up to 10.8...having catscan/chest xray this afternoon!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Joy

Postby Joy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 am

HI!

I had an "experience" with an oncology nurse phoning me with the results of my CT scan. First she said "congratulations everything is fine", then she hesitated and said "oh wait a minute, I don't understand this last part of the report which says something is suspicious about a node on your lower lung"....well I almost freaked out. Went immediately to my Oncologist and she calmed me down and we re-did the CT scans in 3 months....which showed nothing!!!

This same oncology nurse told me that I had 3 "spots" on my liver. I told her "I know I have 3 spots on my liver they are benign --- the surgeon checked them when I had my surgery and they have been on my CT scans since day 1".

I didn't have a CEA done prior to surgery. Long story, my sneaky pete tumour showed up as benign during my colonoscopy. I was lucky the surgeon decided to do a LAR and managed "clear margins". The down side is that I don't have a "marker" for my normal CEA.

My advice is "don't panic" ...which is easier said than done!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Joyce age 61 NED since October 2006

Joy

Postby Joy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 am

HI!

I had an "experience" with an oncology nurse phoning me with the results of my CT scan. First she said "congratulations everything is fine", then she hesitated and said "oh wait a minute, I don't understand this last part of the report which says something is suspicious about a node on your lower lung"....well I almost freaked out. Went immediately to my Oncologist and she calmed me down and we re-did the CT scans in 3 months....which showed nothing!!!

This same oncology nurse told me that I had 3 "spots" on my liver. I told her "I know I have 3 spots on my liver they are benign --- the surgeon checked them when I had my surgery and they have been on my CT scans since day 1".

I didn't have a CEA done prior to surgery. Long story, my sneaky pete tumour showed up as benign during my colonoscopy. I was lucky the surgeon decided to do a LAR and managed "clear margins". The down side is that I don't have a "marker" for my normal CEA.

My advice is "don't panic" ...which is easier said than done!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Joyce age 61 NED since October 2006

babbo

well, the monster is back!

Postby babbo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:02 am

hello again everyone!!

well, the monster has made it's ugly appearance once again...remember, the elevated CEA i mentioned earlier...after a CT scan, MRI, rectal biopsies...the small tumor was found...it is either a lymph node or tumor which appears to be attached to the OUTSIDE of the colon near the original sight...it does NOT look like it has spread to any organs...very good news:)

i meet with my oncologist tomorrow to see what course of action will be taken...onc nurse says it looks very treatable to her...let's see what doctor says...i just hope i don't end up with a colostomy...but, will be positive if so...i just want to live and enjoy life...

i will keep you updated...has anyone had this type of recurrence? if so, how was it treated...my original diagnosis in december, 2005 was stage 1, T2.....

thanks for your prayers and bless you all with strength...

barbara age 60

P.S. my friend just sent me her prayer for me...it was so powerful, it made my cry...if you would like me to post it, i will...just let me know...i feel sure it would bring you comfort...

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”