leroy sievers colon cancer blog

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missjv

leroy sievers colon cancer blog

Postby missjv » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:31 am

i just read his blog and his cancer has reoccurred yet again in his spine and a spot on lung. why can't people get a break from this crap? this makes me angry and sad cause this can happen to anyone of us at anytime no matter how long we stay ned this crap can be hiding in our bodies for along time before it gets big enough to detect. i wish there was a cure already. it is a shame to see someone doing so well and being positive and have them be slapped in the face yet again and have to go through more treatments and more hell of wondering how long do i have? years? months? ok im done venting now.

missjv

Discoclub

Postby Discoclub » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:39 am

Traditional treatments kill cancer cells for a short term. These treatments are usually focused on a specific area.

Our bodies produce millions of malignant cells each day. Even a NON cancer individual produces hundreds of thousands of malignant cells each day. The body usually destroys these damaged cells and absorbs them for elimination. What the treatment I am going thru seeks to accomplish is to increase the bodies kill rate of malignant cells.

The treatment is maintained nearly continuosly to affect the kill rate.

Traditional treatments focus on the instantaneous kill rate, rather than the long term kill rate.

The high kill rate helps the onco and treatment look good in the eyes of the patient. IE Onco can say "Great success, the tumor has shrunk!" leading a patient to believe that the onco treatment is great. However, the Traditional treatment stops at that point.

The Toxic nature of traditional treatments dictates that they cannot be continued past their predicted course. They are simply too expensive and much too damaging to the body. So the result is we treat the cancer for a few weeks... then stop... at which point the cancer is able to "Regroup" for the next battle.

Consider this: Which war is most effective? A war in which battle is engaged for a few days with a high kill rate and then no more activity? OR a war in which there is a slower but more steady kill rate?

I consider Cancer treatments to be a WAR!

I wish everyone sucess in their own War with cancer. To learn more about a differnt method of waging war.... please read the thread "Alternative therapies"

When I read these posts... I am more convinced that secondary cancers are caused by the highly toxic treatments of traditional treatments.

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:01 am

hi,
well chemo is toxic thats for sure and can cause harm to organs such as heart. i am done for now and hopefully forever with chemo. i had very bad chest pains last night on my left side i have never had them before but i had 20 rounds of chemo in the past 10 months plus 2 surgeries so i think it has all caught up to me. alot of people do have success with conventional treatments like chemo and radiation i guess it all might depend on what physical shape you are in when you are diagnosed and begin treatment. luckily i was in good physical shape and my system stayed working all through chemo i only needed 2 shots 1 procrit and 1 neulasta and oncos told me that was good my body was maintaing its own self and my platelets stayed pretty high as well. im hoping my surgeries and 10 months of chemo have done the trick but only time will tell. i am looking into the possibility of alternative therapies if this crap does return. i just know you have to make a decision one way or the other. i am exercising, eating great, and keeping a good attitude towards this whole mess it has been a year since i started my fight and i plan on many more years ahead. good luck with you and your treatments.

missjv

Discoclub

Postby Discoclub » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:43 pm

I wish you the best. I truly hope for your sake that you treatments have "Cured" your cnacer. What I was pointing out is even after the chemo our bodies still produce thousands of damaged cells. By increasing the immune response you can help your body to eliminate these damaged cells before they are able to attach and begin colonizing in a new area.

Diet, Exercise, Stress reduction, Detoxification, possibly Juicing are all excellent ways to reinforce our immune systems.

Hopefully, You regimen will create the strong immune system you need.

However, Should you decide to, you can always further enhance your immune system throught the therapy I am taking. There are several patients here who just come in occasionally to boost their immune systems to further stave off the possibility of the C returning.

I hope that you continue to keep an open mind to learning that there are other ways to deal with this. And I hope you have a long and C free Life.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”