flange

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
saltz64

flange

Postby saltz64 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:36 pm

looking for info on keeping an ostomy flange more secure to the skin i now use ..a bonding cement its kinda like a rubbery caulck someone had said something about benzine or something like that im not sure what the name is but realy adhears the flange to your skin the cement works good just seems to slowly slip the flange down against the stoma if anyone knows of a good solid way to adhear the flange on i would appreciate the info thanks paul

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:48 am

Hi Saltz,

I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I can definitely point you somewhere that can! The United Ostomy Associations of America has an awesome message board - and it's set up very much like The Colon Club's, so it's easy to figure out how to use if you already use this one.

I know we have ostomates on this board, but they have a ton more at UOAA and if you post there you might get a faster answer.

Also, you might sign up for the Evansville Ostomy Newsletter - it's a monthly newsletter with all kinds of ostomy info. It's totally free and it's the best I've seen - they also have a searchable database of past articles that can be really helpful.

You can sign up at http://www.ostomy.evansville.net/menunews.htm

:)Hannah
Hannah K. Vogler
Co-Founder, The Colon Club
cousin of Amanda Sherwood Roberts
dx 1/99 Stage III at age 24
died January 1, 2002 at age 27

Austin131

it's all about the seal

Postby Austin131 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:30 pm

When i had my illistomy i could get about a week with one flange. I don't know if you are mechanical person but you must think of this as making a gasket for a car or something like that. a mechanic would call it a bead you must make sure it's even bead all around the flange you don't want a break in the bead at least that's what worked with me. hope this helps

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”