Folfox vs. Folfiri

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
klryder02

Folfox vs. Folfiri

Postby klryder02 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Hello All-

I am curious on hearing what people (who have gone through these two) think about the differences between Folfox and Folfiri.

Do/did you like one better than the other? Does one seem harder to deal with than the other? Are the symptoms for one worse than the other?

I will probably be starting Folfiri by the end of the summer and keep wondering what it will be like.

Thanks!
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

missjv

Postby missjv » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:56 am

hi,
well i did 8 rounds folfox pre liver resection with excellent results. side effects of course from the oxaliplatin the tingly fingers and toes that was about it. i have just finished 12 rounds of folfiri post surgery and i found it a little more bothersome as far as nausea and tiredness. so they both have their bad things but all in all i handled both pretty well and im glad to be done. good luck!

missjv

Kandy

Folfox vs folfiri

Postby Kandy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi,

I did Folfox first and had neuropathy in hands and feet which go worse after finishing (feet still numb 21 months later); breathing difficulties toward the end and fatigue. The folfiri didn't cause me too many problems, so I did not get any premeds before treatments. I did lose about 1/3 of my hair and had fatigue and low blood counts from both having to get Neupogen shots 3 times between treatments (they caused bone and joint pains). I actually found the Folfiri less bothersome, except I stopped the 5FU after 9 treatments because it was causing the breathing problems and I had upper lung scaring after the Folfox, so I didn't want permanent lung damage. Most people have problems with diarrhea, thankfully I had just the opposite. Good Luck!!
Kandy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”