I need as much help as possible today........

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Garcia_

Postby Garcia_ » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:03 pm

Hello Dear Friends

I have my colonscopy tomorrow, I had sever abdominal pain on left side with Fresh blood in my stools onm and off for a year but lately I its worse, after a DRE, doctor found some growth in rectum and ordered colonscopy, My stool also seems to be very Flat lately, I am male 27 years old, I have to take this whole week off as I am so terrified , I know its hard to say anything till I have colosncpy, but can someone give me some word of courage, is it a possibility that its benign polyps and not cancer?

Please share some thoughts.....

God Bless you all

Garcia_

Postby Garcia_ » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:09 pm

forgot to add one thing, when I go to bathtoom, My bowl movement have a straight shallow line in em, dont know how to explain that.....
may be just like when u take a pencil and burry it into a ice cream cup and take the pencil out, a Line like that...... I hope you understand what I am trying to say here.....

sean

Postby sean » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm

A colonoscopy is the best way to find out what you have. It isn't cancer until they find a tumor, so don't worry just yet. Benign growths are not uncommon .

Eat lightly today, get some diaper rash ointment to apply before and during you start your prep - it will reduce the irritation. A colonoscopy is easy... good luck and let us know what they find.
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

Garcia_

Hi

Postby Garcia_ » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Thank you for answering sean, and yes I am doing good with prep just too nervous, Its like life/death situation for me right now.... In case it is cancer, will they know right away tomorrow? and Does Non cancerous tumor/Polyps bleed?

Wendy21

colonscopy

Postby Wendy21 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:31 pm

With me, they knew right away that it was cancerous. The doctor said he was 100% sure, but still had to send the tumor out to be "officially" labellled as cancer.
With my mother, he found non-cancerous polyps and also knew that right away.
I think the doctors are usually pretty sure at the time of the exam what they are dealing with.
I wouldn't worry too much until they do the test. If it isn't anything serious, you would have worried too much. If it is something serious, you just need to do whatever it takes to get well and get on with it. It's scary no matter what, but you can do whatever is necessary.
Wendy
DX Stage IIIa September 2005

sean

Postby sean » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:20 pm

Again, don't get over stressed until you know what you have. Polyps can bleed, tumors can bleed, and hemorrhoids can too. The only way they know for 100% sure something is cancerous is to do the biopsy. If you have polyps sometimes they will actually remove them during the procedure and you'll be done. No matter what happens try to take comfort in the fact that you are getting the right test & you'll know soon what is going on.

Good luck & enjoy the tasty prep - I did mine like shooters and it made it go down a little bit easier.
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:48 pm

You commented that this is a life/death situation for you. Please don't think of it that way even if they do find a tumour.

Colon cancer is beatable and we are all proof of that. Cancer can take away so much, but don't let it take away your hope.

Good luck tomorrow and be sure to let us know what happens.
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”