Waiting

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
say_anythingonce@yahoo.co

Waiting

Postby say_anythingonce@yahoo.co » Thu May 31, 2007 4:47 am

I've been having pain on my right side front and back. I hurt more sometimes after eating, so I had a colonoscopy done and I was told they'd found a polyp and a mass. That's it. That's all I know. So now I'm waiting until June 4th to find out more . If it isn't cancer will they have to remove it anyways? My aunt died of colon cancer a few years ago. Anything will help.

Thanks,

Terri

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Thu May 31, 2007 10:14 am

Depends on what the mass is, but my guess is that it would be removed. Have they said anything to you at all about what it looked like or what it could be?
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

say_anythingonce@yahoo.co

Waiting

Postby say_anythingonce@yahoo.co » Thu May 31, 2007 10:08 pm

No. I just remember waking up with a nurse cleaning up around the room I was in. The nurse was the one who had told me they'd found one polyp and one mass they had done a biopsy on. When I said how big was it.....she only made a hand gesture as if it were shaped like a mushroom. (when I'd said to her, "was it shaped like a mushroom?" she said no. The doc may have spoken to me before and I didn't remember it, but this office was huge and there were 15 or so people in gowns in one waiting room waiting for the words...next. I've read up on the internet about cancer, but haven't really seen much on what they'd do if it weren't. Thanks for your help though. I appreciate it so much.

Terri

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”