Nosebleeds

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Magnolia

Nosebleeds

Postby Magnolia » Sun May 27, 2007 7:02 pm

Has anyone gone off Avastin and continued to have nosebleeds? I've been off for a month and the nosebleeds go on! It's not intolerable, but it IS a bit annoying. My husband is a bit grossed out by waking up to me honking out big bloody clots first thing in the morning. And it's inconvenient when I start to drip at work or in the car. It's usually just when I blow my nose, but sometimes it just happens. I expected it to stop when the drug stopped, but maybe it takes a while. Any thoughts?

klryder02

Postby klryder02 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:45 pm

Magnolia-

I am still on Avastin, but have found that since the weather has been warmer in Texas for the past month or so, my nosebleeds are much better and there is less to "honk out" in the mornings.

Is it still cold in VA?
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

Carolyn JB

Postby Carolyn JB » Mon May 28, 2007 7:58 am

My last dose of Avastin was April 9th, and I still ahve the bloody nose throughout the day! I figured it would have gone away by now, but it hasn't

Carolyn

wendy21

nosebleeds

Postby wendy21 » Mon May 28, 2007 10:09 am

After being on Avastin for 1 year (6 mos with folfox) I had the grossest nose! Mornings were the worst. I expected things to get better immediately after stopping Avastin and it did not. I have now been off the avastin one year and my nose if finally ok.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 am

We had an unusually cool early spring here in Virginia, but it's quite warm and humid now. I don't think weather is a factor. I guess this is something that takes time to clear up. Thanks for your perspectives, folks!

Bryan S

Postby Bryan S » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Look for a product called QR Nosebleed or Nosebleed QR it is a powder that you put on a qtip and apply to the bleeding area. The other roduct is Seal On Nasal Sponges these are like little tampons but for your nose. Both work pretty good but not great. You mnay need to ask your pharmacist to order them for you or try www.seal-on.com or www.biolife.com

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:36 pm

Thanks Bryan. There does seem to be one spot that bleeds more than any other area. Maybe something topical on that spot will help.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”