Testing

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Greg

Testing

Postby Greg » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:40 pm

My name is Greg Schmitt I live in Dallas Texas and I am a seven year colon cancer survivor (I thank God everday) anyway I am due for my 3 year colon scope and the problem is I dont have insurance and they are telling me it will cost $2100.00 dolllars for the procedure. Anyone know where I may be able to get assistance with the cost?

Holly

Testing

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:49 pm

Greg,

I have a couple possible solutions for you.

1. Do you qualify for government programs (ie: Medicare)? If you do, you may be qualified to have your colonoscopy done at no charge to you.

2. Do you have a regular gastrointerologist? If you have an established partnership, you may talk to him or her and ask for:

A. A discounted or negotiated rate (a similar discounted rate that they negotiate with insurance companies which is often time 30% or more less) and/or

B. Ask for a payment plan option.

3. Many cities have programs through participating GI physicians that will perform procedures for either free or at a substanially discounted fee. One example is the Hope program. You may contact your local Health Department.

4. There are many GI websites that you may visit for reference.

I hope that this information has been of some assistance to you. Should you have additional questions, I encourage you to email me directly at hlroc@aol.com. Congratulations on being a Survivor! I wish you continued health and wellness.

Hugs!

Holly

Brenda Durant

Congratulations Greg

Postby Brenda Durant » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:48 pm

Greg,
I also live in Texas and I am praying for my husband's survival of T3 Rectal Cancer. I hope you are able to get assistance with your check-up.
Congratulations and thank you for your message of survial; which, is so important to all of us in search for hope. Would you mind sharing what stage your cancer was and your experiences and secrets of survival?
May God bless you and keep you Cancer free.

Holly

Testing

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:11 pm

Greg,

Did you get your follow up colonoscopy? Please do send an update and know that if there is anything that I may do to help you, I encourage you to send me an email and let me know. I have in you in my prayers.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”