Colon cleanses and CC

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
klryder02

Colon cleanses and CC

Postby klryder02 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:24 pm

Just a random question.

Has anyone heard or asked if those colon cleanses can actually prevent or assistant in preventing colon cancer?

I did one a few years ago with my husband. We were constantly taking pills for a week, and were to stay away from red meat.

I just received a piece of junk mail advertising a new cleanse and thought I would ask!
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

lamerex4

Postby lamerex4 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:42 pm

There is no clinical evidence to support ANY benefit to 'colon cleanses'.
There are certain risks involved, however; perforation of the colon, electrolyte imbalance to name just a couple.
IMHO you can save a great deal of discomfort by merely flushing your money directly down your toilet!
Try googling "+colon +cleansing +claims +medical +evidence"

Sue, BSN, RN
Stage I Rectosigmoid Adenocarcinoma 02/07
Stage IB Uterine Adenocarcinoma 10/03

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun May 20, 2007 5:43 pm

no cleanse of any kind can prevent cancer. cancer is an immune system disease. something in our systems made cancer happen and no cleanser can stop it. i laugh at all those ridiculous infomercials about colon cleansers and the stuff that supposedly lives in the colon like build up of crap to be blunt and none of it is true. they are a gimmick and a waste of money. you can certainly take probiotics like dannon danactive to help with healthy gut bacteria those don't hurt, but cleansers and enemas can cause severe damage.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”