Scared about mom and liver cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
janette

Scared about mom and liver cancer

Postby janette » Sun May 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi my mom had her colon removed from colon cancer and is now wearing the bag which she is supposed to get reconnected soon. The scary thing is that her blood test came back slightly high on her liver. They did a ultra sound and said they see something but its blurry so they are now going to do a cat scan. Does this mean cancer for sure or can it be from the chemo etc? I am sooo scared. The doctor just 2 weeks ago said she is doing wondeful and cancer free, and now this. Her blood tests have been kind of weird one time normal one time slightly high. My mom thought she heard the nurse whispering to the other nurse a cyst. Any advice would be helpful. I dont think I can take it if anything happens to mom. Thanks

sean

Postby sean » Sun May 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Slightly elevated liver enzymes are nothing to worry about at this point. Its perfectly normal for them to fluctuate and it could be something as simple as tylenol that bumps them up. Cysts are also perfectly normal in a liver and cause no harm. People get moles and warts all the time on the outside, don't expect your internal organs to be picture perfect either. Sounds like they are doing the tests they need to do on your mom and they should find out soon what they are seeing. Good luck.
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

janette

Postby janette » Sun May 20, 2007 1:41 pm

sean wrote:Slightly elevated liver enzymes are nothing to worry about at this point. Its perfectly normal for them to fluctuate and it could be something as simple as tylenol that bumps them up. Cysts are also perfectly normal in a liver and cause no harm. People get moles and warts all the time on the outside, don't expect your internal organs to be picture perfect either. Sounds like they are doing the tests they need to do on your mom and they should find out soon what they are seeing. Good luck.

Thank you for the encouragement.

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun May 20, 2007 5:46 pm

is your mom on chemo? that can mess with your liver as well. alot of things can cause elevated liver functions i wouldn't worry to much it sounds like she is doing everything right so far. if they suspect anything they will order scans.

missjv

Postby Guest » Sun May 20, 2007 6:14 pm

missjv wrote:is your mom on chemo? that can mess with your liver as well. alot of things can cause elevated liver functions i wouldn't worry to much it sounds like she is doing everything right so far. if they suspect anything they will order scans.
yes they have ordered scans thats what scares me

missjv

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun May 20, 2007 6:31 pm

well the scans will tell if she has cancer on her liver., hopefully that is not the case. good luck!

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”