Something I want to share about colon cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
somehting

Something I want to share about colon cancer

Postby somehting » Fri May 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi

I am young female, and I don't have cancer, as of yet. My mother was hospitalized with colon cancer back in 1997, after all the screening they told us she had stage 4 since liver showing tumors too.she was 45 then, today she is healthy as horse , the cancer was cured, so to speak, just after her initial treatments, I m her only child and getting checked every year since I turned 24, and so far so good....
Now Said that, I want to tell all unfortunate people that the Only thing that CURED her , or atleast what we believe, is her POSITIVE approach, when she was initially diag with it, we were told she may not live more than 2-3 years( for stage 4), But she never gave up and Always was hopeful, we are religious people and believe that you will live as long as you suppose to, cancer or not, My cousin, He was 23, died last year in accident, we never thought he will leave us so quickly, My point here is, He has No cancer or anything but he died? why? because his fates were written and Mom who was given 2 years, still with us.

I hope this will help someone......

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri May 11, 2007 3:04 pm

hi,
well im happy for your mom that she is alive and well and cancer free after being diagnosed stage 4. i was also diagnosed stage 4 1 year ago and i feel great, i have a good attitude now towards the whole thing i have come to the conclusion that it is what it is and i am doing everything in my power to stay alive to raise my daughter. so far 10 months of chemo and a liver resection have left me with no evidence of cancer. but being a realistic person i know that it can come back whether it be months from now or years from now nobody can say for sure if it will or won't come back at all. alot of people have been cured from stage 4 cancers of different sorts, anything is possible and believing it is possible is what keeps most of us going. by the way what were your moms treatments if you don't mind sharing?

missjv

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Fri May 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Thank you for sharing....this is EXACTLY the kind of encouragement and hope I need right now. So glad your mom beat is going strong. I would also be curious as to what her treatments were. There are currently so many advances and that your mom survived when there was less to offer is fantastic.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Sat May 12, 2007 5:31 am

Thanks for sharing your positivity on here. Stories like your moms always give people a lift.

dilshan

Postby dilshan » Tue May 22, 2007 1:54 am

Yes I think there is a lot to draw inspiration from the story that you have told here, well I can understand that this is the true story of a strong human being and some people like you who are perhaps the most greatest optimists that has helped the lady to stay fit and fine even after 10 years of her being diagnosed with a deceased like cancer. I think stories like this should be made viewable to all the patients and the family members of such patients who are rather upset due to this disease being effected on someone the love. I would like to thank you for sharing this great story with us.
Have been benefited by the canada drugs

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”