December 23rd = Festivus

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

December 23rd = Festivus

Postby Edward » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:18 pm

Being a fan of the show "Seinfeld" the holiday of Festivus is rapildly approaching and I would like to leave you with a few thoughts as this may be my last post until after Christmas. The holiday was invented by Frank Costanza(Jerry Stiller) as he lost a tug-o-war for a would be Christmas gift. As I try to link my hobbie of Seinfeld to my passion of sports to find the reason for laughter I think the late college basketball coach and ESPN analyst summed it up less than a few weeks before is death. My first night home from the hospital in December of 2002, ESPN showed the Jim Valvano speech from March of 1993 at the first ESPY Awards. Here is what exerpts I try to practice:

To me there are three things everyone should do every day. Number one is laugh. Number two--spend some time in thought. Number three, you should have your emotions move you to tears. If you laugh, think, and cry, that's a heck of a day."

He went on to end that great speech like this:
I know, I gotta go, I gotta go, and I got one last thing and I said it before, and I want to say it again. Cancer can take away all my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever.

So lets begin our holiday season with some laughter and have the "AIRING OF THE GRIEVANCES"

1) Growing gaps between insurance coverage and out-of-pocket expenses :evil:

2) Mail in reimbursements of perscriptions. :evil:

FEATS OF STRENGTH

Normally this is a wrestiling match between the head of household and a chosen guest, but this goes out to all of us that have fought, continue the fight, and will fight on into the new year. May God bless you all.

In closing don't forget to put up the aluminum pole.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:39 am

Edward,

Your positivity is contagious! Thank you for the inspiration! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”