Miracles happen!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jshansen

Miracles happen!

Postby jshansen » Sat May 05, 2007 10:04 am

Hi,

I wanted to share the very positive experience I have.

I was diagnosed a stage 3 colon cancer on Mar 2nd. Colonoskopy Mar 14th and views into my abdomen Mar 28th confirmed it was a large fist size tumor of malicious nature.
Surgery Apr 18 went well except the removed of 22 lymph knots and 2 unremovable showed proof of significant spreading.

I got the result from the microscopy 2 days ago, and to the surgeons surprise they showed that none of the lymph knots had cancer, but only a inflammation caused swelling.

So after 2 weeks expecting continuous chemo from now on I an technically cancer free.

Proofs that sometimes miracles happen and keeping spirits high give everyone a chance.

Sorry for those of You using this site, who have not been so lucky yet.

I sincerely think a lot of You!!

Best regards,
John
Denmark

janb

Postby janb » Sat May 05, 2007 11:58 am

Yes John, miracles do happen. Congratulations on being cancer free and welcome to the colon club. :P
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

shel28

Postby shel28 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:22 pm

I also want to share a positive experience. I have had rectal bleeding since I was 22. I an now 28. I was told originally from doctors that it was hemmorhoids and all this time I thought it was hemmoroids and ignored the bleeding. On Christmas I ended up with massive rectal bleeding and went to the emergency room twice. They misdiagnosed me and told me to fly back home to Denver, I was visiting parents in CA. Two days later when trying to fly back to Denver I passed out in the airport and was sent to the ER in a different hospital. I was then diagnosed with stage III rectal cancer. I underwent chemo/radiation and most recently the removal of my rectum and 20 lymph nodes. The tissue was sent to pathology and was reclassified as stage O. No cancer was found in the previous tumor area and the lymph nodes were clear, when previously 3 were affected. So I am proof that the prescribed treatment to rectal cancer can and does work. The chemo radiation completely destroyed everything in its path. I still have to do more chemo. but I am happy to know my cancer is responding to the treatments. I know there are many others that are not lucky enough to get the same results and I am constantly saddened by that but I just wanted to give everyone hope that the treatments do work in many cases. The fact that this was all brought to light on Christmas when I was with my family has me thinking maybe there is something out there and I am not a religious person. I can't say this was a miracle but is proof that the doctors know what they are doing.
Michelle. Stage III rectal cancer. Diagnosed Dec. 27, 2006. 28 years old. Los Angeles, CA and Denver, CO.

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Sun May 06, 2007 3:19 am

Welcome John, its nice to have another European member join the club. ps are you a football fan? Thomas Sorensen is our keeper.

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun May 06, 2007 10:59 am

hi john,
thats great news but keep on top of doc visits and future testing as i went from a stage nothing with negative lymphnodes to a stage 4 with 3 liver mets all without any positive lymphnodeds they removed tons and all were negative yet the crap still got to liver. this type of cancer is sneaky and can lay dormant for along time because most colon cancer tumors are slow growers. i did not have a colon tumor i had a cancerous polyp with negative margins and no invasion into colon wall but here i sit 6 months after liver resection and also decided at time of liver surgery to have the section of my colon removed where the polyp grew. as of now i show no signs of cancer and i feel pretty good. im not trying to belittle your good news i am very happy for you i just hope that you continue with follow up testing as circumstances can change dramatically with this cancer. take care.

missjv

LA8

Postby LA8 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi, John. Great news, and welcome to the Club. If you ever come down to Copenhagen let me know and we can meet up for a coffee (or Carlsburg)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”