Sienna Helps

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jules10100

Sienna Helps

Postby jules10100 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:47 pm

I have had 3 years of problem bathroom visits. I was going up to 30 times a day, with a lot of pain from multiple fissures. It seemed that I was always in the bathroom. At one point about a year ago, on a visit with my colon surgeon, it was suggested that I try Sienna. I did and it caused sudden diarrhea that was miserable. I stopped using it immediately.

About a month ago, after having issues with feeling the need to go all of the time, I decided to use it again to see what would happen. I take it around 7 pm and by 7 am usually, I have a couple of bowel movements that usually turn to diarrhea. After about 3 trips to the bathroom, I don't have to go the rest of the day and don't really have to worry about being active at the gym or going somewhere and living in the bathroom. I just have to stay home in the morning and clean myself out. It has made such a difference in my life. I can actually plan my day without the worry of feeling uncomfortable. It is heaven! (hopefully not TMI). I have to start chemo again soon, so I may not be able to continue with the Sienna plan, but for now, wow, what a relief... just a suggestion for those suffering multiple trips to the bathroom!
RC resection 06/07 xeloda, radiation, folfox
Stage IV Lung and Liver Mets 11/08 res
Folfiri & Avas 09
2/10 lung spots Irr.Erb
Next Vectibix
Irr, Erb and Avas. for Lung spots 4/11
Folfirinox
Clinical trial Nov 11. Brain mets
Option for Chemo unknown

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”