leg cramps

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
dayprief@verizon

leg cramps

Postby dayprief@verizon » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:57 am

I am on 5 fu invision cemo. I am on 4th week of first treatment of 3- 5 weeks on 2 weeks off. I am doing fine except for leg cramps. Any suggestion? :?

Tracey

Dehydration

Postby Tracey » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:15 pm

Leg cramps are typically caused by either dehydration, or low potassium. Make sure you are getting a ton to drink a few days prior to chemo. Gatorade is a good option and eat lots of bananas! Good Luck!

tamfigg

Postby tamfigg » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:08 am

I had 5-FU and did experience that as well. Warm baths helped soothe them. For me the cramping started about 3 hours after treatment. As was already suggested drink plenty of fluids, try the warm bath or a heating pad as well.

leg cramps

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:00 pm

This was my question... Answer Blod Clod Just got home from hopital after 5 days blod clod and bad infection in my leg.... Dr. says not because of cemo... i disagree..... Very PAINFUL :(

Blood clots

Postby guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:34 pm

I had spoke with a regeristered nurse and dietician recently who recently informed me that 60% of chemo patients are admitted into hospital emergy for treatment of blood clots. I understand tthis is not everyones situation; but did find it interesting to share.

Rochelle

Traybug

Postby Traybug » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:12 pm

Wow...unbelievable statistics! I guess the general good rule of thumb should be...any unusual symptom while on chemo should be reported immediately! I think everyone can take a lot from this experience! Thanks for sharing!

Tracey

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”